Hehehshdhs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, is anyone good at using ARCGIS that could possibly help me out a bit with representing some data on a map? If you want I may be able to give you a *small* fee for helping me? Would appreciate it so much- im really struggling at the moment
roronoa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hehehshdhs)
Hey, is anyone good at using ARCGIS that could possibly help me out a bit with representing some data on a map? If you want I may be able to give you a *small* fee for helping me? Would appreciate it so much- im really struggling at the moment
i haven't used it much myself but for my nea i have mapped a few bits. i know for just locations u literally just have to drag an excel csv file onto the page, do u know how to do that? also, our school gave us some instructions so i can type those out for u too

1. create a spreadsheet of locations in excel, in the format: latitude in the first column, longitude in the second column, and any data u want to present e.g. eqs or noise survey in the third and fourth columns. the columns should be titled w data underneath. u have to make sure u spell latitude and longitude right
2. save it as a cvs file (by choosing cvs in the drop down box when u save)
3. go onto arcgis online and click map at the top option bar
4. drag ur cvs spreadsheet directly from ur files to the arcgis page in ur browser
5. use the menus on the left to flick through data etc
6. take any print screens u need

hope this helps a little!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (433)
56.45%
I don't have everything I need (334)
43.55%

Watched Threads