beyhive1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,

I've been working at a supermarket for the past year and a half now, was even working during the 1st pandemic and now I've literally had enough. Things have gotten worse managers are stressful/rude and
There's this lady that I was working with before I moved departments. Me and her got into an argument which led to me calling her a b**** lol. She would literally approach me on repeated occasions and start to interrogate on why things werent done at work? Shes not even the manager lmao. One day I had enough so I reported her to management. Funny enough the manager and her are close but he managed to change my shift times so I dont clash with her which I was fine with. She knew I reported her the next time I saw her so she has since been silent with me/trying to avoid me lol. One colleague I spoke to from another department always warned me about her (even when I was new to the job) told me she got a former colleague fired and has sent horrible threats&used to kick one of my other colleagues. I've moved departments now to get away from the drama and now her daughter has started working there... but guess what? She works in my department now lmao. Now I'm stuck with her and I feel mad uncomfortable talking/working with her because of how things went with her mum.
Me and her mum have since been civil just for the sake of work but I dont trust her and deep down my gut is telling me to watch my back.
Do you think her daughter working here is just a coincidence or do you think this was planned? I dont trust them. Any advice?

I'm grateful that I have a job and quitting a job during this pandemic isnt a wise thing to do but if you hate your job and it's not worth it is it worth all the mental/physical stress? Life is too short to stress.
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by beyhive1)
Hi guys,

I've been working at a supermarket for the past year and a half now, was even working during the 1st pandemic and now I've literally had enough. Things have gotten worse managers are stressful/rude and
There's this lady that I was working with before I moved departments. Me and her got into an argument which led to me calling her a b**** lol. She would literally approach me on repeated occasions and start to interrogate on why things werent done at work? Shes not even the manager lmao. One day I had enough so I reported her to management. Funny enough the manager and her are close but he managed to change my shift times so I dont clash with her which I was fine with. She knew I reported her the next time I saw her so she has since been silent with me/trying to avoid me lol. One colleague I spoke to from another department always warned me about her (even when I was new to the job) told me she got a former colleague fired and has sent horrible threats&used to kick one of my other colleagues. I've moved departments now to get away from the drama and now her daughter has started working there... but guess what? She works in my department now lmao. Now I'm stuck with her and I feel mad uncomfortable talking/working with her because of how things went with her mum.
Me and her mum have since been civil just for the sake of work but I dont trust her and deep down my gut is telling me to watch my back.
Do you think her daughter working here is just a coincidence or do you think this was planned? I dont trust them. Any advice?

I'm grateful that I have a job and quitting a job during this pandemic isnt a wise thing to do but if you hate your job and it's not worth it is it worth all the mental/physical stress? Life is too short to stress.
Not worth it, I told my self the same thing everytime I quit or got fired. Then after I looked at my expenses I realised I should've just stayed longer and found a equally as good job before fully quitting or starting beef with the manager.

Each job has its perks, some more than others. You're going to be in debt if you haven't got a backup job yet that has accepted your application.

If you fully cba for the drama then get that backup job sorted out ASAP.

Every job you work at will have people you're going to dislike, for me I especially learnt to just keep my mouth shut and try my best to expand my connections while I hold the job. Because of my personality and background I got lots of links to street drug dealers and fraudsters as well as some exceptionally talented people that got let go because of corona.

You're going to meet lots of people throughout your life, don't let one or two deter you from being successful.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by beyhive1)
Hi guys,

If you want to leave, I'd look for other jobs. At least have another job to go to before leaving your current one.
With regards to the woman's daughter who now works there- I'd be polite to her, but watch your back. She could be the same as her mum, but she could also be completely different. At least if you are polite etc to her, then you have done nothing wrong, but watch your back and beware just in case she happens to end up like her. It's probably just coincidence that she happens to now work there.
Last edited by Emma:-); 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
17.7%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (121)
28.95%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (158)
37.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed