willmc1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I go to Camberwell at the moment but I'm pretty disappointed and don't really see myself being there for three years. I'm thinking of reapplying to other universities but UAL seems to have sucked the life out of half the art unis in London. Does anyone have any art university recommendations?
Di1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what about it don't you like? i study at Chelsea campus, and not really enjoying it either.
willmc1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Di1234)
what about it don't you like? i study at Chelsea campus, and not really enjoying it either.
Obviously COVID doesn't help but it seems because of the quantity of students, the tutors have to spread their time and enthusiasm very very very thinly across my course of 200. The organisation also seems quite bad in terms of moodle etc. and no shade to the students but some of them don't seem to care all that much.
Di1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by willmc1)
Obviously COVID doesn't help but it seems because of the quantity of students, the tutors have to spread their time and enthusiasm very very very thinly across my course of 200. The organisation also seems quite bad in terms of moodle etc. and no shade to the students but some of them don't seem to care all that much.
I was actually thinking of transferring to camberwell but now that you say that..... what course are you doing?
willmc1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Di1234)
I was actually thinking of transferring to camberwell but now that you say that..... what course are you doing?
I'd half thought about maybe transferring to Chelsea as well haha. I'm studying fine art painting, I don't want to be entirely negative though, some of the lectures have been quite interesting and I've had one good tutorial. What aren't you enjoying about Chelsea?
Di1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd half thought about maybe transferring to Chelsea as well haha. I'm studying fine art painting, I don't want to be entirely negative though, some of the lectures have been quite interesting and I've had one good tutorial. What aren't you enjoying about Chelsea?
My friend is doing fine art at Chelsea and she's been enjoying it so far. The reason i'm not enjoying my course is the lack of skills being taught. I do graphic design so I was expecting much more, but then again its only the beginning.
University of the Arts London
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Di1234 and willmc1

I've sent you each a direct message. Please do get in touch if we can help.

Best wishes,

Sian
UK Student Recruitment Team
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I go to Camberwell at the moment but I'm pretty disappointed and don't really see myself being there for three years. I'm thinking of reapplying to other universities but UAL seems to have sucked the life out of half the art unis in London. Does anyone have any art university recommendations?
What course are you studying?
Would you be up for moving away from London?
Any priorities/preferences about what you would want to be different from your current course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (32)
16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (60)
30%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (77)
38.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed