Boywonder4563
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a marker from Santander originally but NatWest just closed my account will they give me a marker too? Does anyone know if you can get student finance into a revolt account or cash plus. I will mention if you have a marker nation wide allow you to open savings accounts so if you get money you can store it in there or be paid into this and it may be a bit old fashioned but you can go in there and draw out cash in branch.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Boywonder4563)
I have a marker from Santander originally but NatWest just closed my account will they give me a marker too? Does anyone know if you can get student finance into a revolt account or cash plus. I will mention if you have a marker nation wide allow you to open savings accounts so if you get money you can store it in there or be paid into this and it may be a bit old fashioned but you can go in there and draw out cash in branch.
Depends if they are closing your account after being alerted of the marker. Expect so.

I guess student finance know have you phoned them....?
Boywonder4563
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quady)
Depends if they are closing your account after being alerted of the marker. Expect so.

I guess student finance know have you phoned them....?
I’ve spoken to them and they actually can’t decline anyone payment for tuition loan or student finance because of a CIFAS marker. It’s just if you have an account to pay it into
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)
A bank will only register a Cifas marker if they have their own evidence of fraud being committed. So, while they can close your account because they've discovered that another bank has registered a marker against you, they can only register their own marker if they have their own evidence.

See the Cifas rules here: https://www.cifas.org.uk/fraud-preve...nfd-principles specifically "Principle 4: Lawfulness (Standard of Proof)".
Boywonder4563
Rep:
?
(Original post by martin7)
A bank will only register a Cifas marker if they have their own evidence of fraud being committed. So, while they can close your account because they've discovered that another bank has registered a marker against you, they can only register their own marker if they have their own evidence.

See the Cifas rules here: https://www.cifas.org.uk/fraud-preve...nfd-principles specifically "Principle 4: Lawfulness (Standard of Proof)".
Oh thank you this is very helpful
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s just if you have an account to pay it into
So they don't have alternate payment methods then? ie Post Office Card Account
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Yes......?
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)
Yes......?
OP's original question was "I have a marker from Santander originally but NatWest just closed my account will they give me a marker too?" -- so I said "no" and gave reasons why. NatWest can only record a marker if NatWest has its own evidence of fraud. NatWest can't record a Cifas marker based on the decision made by Santander.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP's original question was "I have a marker from Santander originally but NatWest just closed my account will they give me a marker too?" -- so I said "no" and gave reasons why. NatWest can only record a marker if NatWest has its own evidence of fraud. NatWest can't record a Cifas marker based on the decision made by Santander.
Why did you quote me rather than the OP then?

Why wouldn't NatWest add a marker if they are closing the account due to fraud using the NatWest account?
Boywonder4563
Rep:
?
Do you know if you can get car insurance or any car insurance company’s that will accept with a CIFAS marker please?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you know if you can get car insurance or any car insurance company’s that will accept with a CIFAS marker please?
Seriously doubt it. Insurers don't tend to like doing business with those who have a history of fraud for some strange reason...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed