alios
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My application to Medicine was turned down, with no interview. How realistic are my chances if I re-apply with possible A*A*A? Or do they tend to not welcome such a move? I have applied for Imperial, but my heart is set on Cambridge.
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To be honest, I would not risk it if you get your other medicine offers. There is no guarantee that if you decline your offers this year that you would get them again next year, and you still might not get into Cambridge.

If you are desperate to reapply do make sure it's a different college and tbh you should only do it if you exceed the offer - if you get A*A*A*. Reapplicants and gap year applicants fare much better when they have exceeded the offer as actually, most students do anyway (the offer is set at a grade below what most people actually achieve).

What was your BMAT score?
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree with the above post.

I would say if you get any offers, then just take the offer that you get, rather than re-applying.

Why do you think you got rejected without interview? What were your GCSEs, BMAT score, A Level subject choices etc?
ShootForTheStars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You must have applied to other medical schools rather than just Imperial?

The fact that you've only mentioned Cambridge and Imperial makes me think you're just going for prestige. It doesn't actually matter where you get your medical degree from as they're all rigourously accredited. What matters at this stage is getting an offer, full stop.
Last edited by ShootForTheStars; 1 month ago
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Only about 1 in 3 people will get any offers at all for medicine. Probably more likely than you reapplying to Cambridge and getting in, is you reapplying and not getting in to medicine.

5/6 years is a long time, but its not as long as 45 i.e. your probable career as a doctor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
56.09%
I don't have everything I need (245)
43.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed