Problems with teaching standards

Watch
Blake2010
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Our group is unhappy with a lecturer and his style of teaching as well as the slow pace and lack of content. A meeting is being held with the lecturer and I have been told I cannot attend I must route my concerns through our Student rep. Our rep is very young and is also autistic and I’m concerned that I may upset him by passing my comments to him as well as his ability to relay our concerns at all. My guess is the lecturer is selecting this rather than discussions with the entire group as he’s identified this will be the softer option. Can I insist I am present after all this affects my education my future and my finances so surely I cannot be barred from attending? Any advice?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Blake2010)
Our group is unhappy with a lecturer and his style of teaching as well as the slow pace and lack of content. A meeting is being held with the lecturer and I have been told I cannot attend I must route my concerns through our Student rep. Our rep is very young and is also autistic and I’m concerned that I may upset him by passing my comments to him as well as his ability to relay our concerns at all. My guess is the lecturer is selecting this rather than discussions with the entire group as he’s identified this will be the softer option. Can I insist I am present after all this affects my education my future and my finances so surely I cannot be barred from attending? Any advice?
Let the student rep do their job and see how it goes. I'm sure there are others who would like to attend as well but can't. It may not be feesable for you all to go.
If things don't get better after you can demand another meeting where more of you attend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (406)
56.31%
I don't have everything I need (315)
43.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed