Next door neighbour hell

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am having a massive problem with my next door neighbour. She was playing music really loudly during the lockdown during ungodly hours in the morning. I banged the wall once and she started ranting about how much she hated me blah blah.. A month after, I got a soundbar and it was a little loud after, but it was on Saturday afternoon and she started banging the wall. I then called the police to do a check as every single morning she would hurl abuse at her kid. They came and left and she ranted again at 6am in the following morning about how she hated me..

Now she is hammering something into the wall at 7am in the mornig. When i grounded she was I can do what i ****ing like . Dont know what to do as its now EVERY SINGLE MORNING there is something to new to wake me up
Anonymous #1
If anyone cal help that would be great... I am really stumped
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this is what the government advise you to do regarding neighbour disputes.

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-neighbour-disputes
Anonymous #1
is there anything else I can do and do you think she's in the wrong
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
partly but I think you could handle things better too.

you say she was playing music too loud, so in response you played music loudly too? that’s just stooping down to her level. even if it’s a Saturday afternoon, if she can hear the music through the walls, then the music is too loud. neither one of you should be blasting music no matter what time it is.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You both sound kinda bad neighbours, thumping on walls is considered a pretty hostile way to communicate, (it would bring me straight to the front door anyway). However inconsiderate the neighbour might have been you've retaliated and trying to get them arrested prob puts the relationship beyond salvage.

Best move out.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by baby.bear)
partly but I think you could handle things better too.

you say she was playing music too loud, so in response you played music loudly too? that’s just stooping down to her level. even if it’s a Saturday afternoon, if she can hear the music through the walls, then the music is too loud. neither one of you should be blasting music no matter what time it is.
I know and i have admitted to that.. to be fair it was the Lion King and not loud music but I get your point.. I keep things very quiet now and don’t retaliate but its getting very hard
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know and i have admitted to that.. to be fair it was the Lion King and not loud music but I get your point.. I keep things very quiet now and don’t retaliate but its getting very hard
follow the steps on the website provided earlier. avoid massive confrontation and just carry on with daily life. the only way to drastically resolve the issue is to move house really. if you’re both mature adults, you should be able to sort this out
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)
You both sound kinda bad neighbours, thumping on walls is considered a pretty hostile way to communicate, (it would bring me straight to the front door anyway). However inconsiderate the neighbour might have been you've retaliated and trying to get them arrested prob puts the relationship beyond salvage.

Best move out.
The problem is i own the property. Hers is a council house and during this recession its probs not a great idea to sell out...i banged once, and now I don’t do it anymore. It was stupid of me. I called the police because i was worried about her kid.
Anonymous #1
[QUOTE=baby.bear;92309130]follow the steps on the website provided earlier. avoid massive confrontation and just carry on with daily life. the only way to drastically resolve the issue is to move house really. if you’re both mature adults, you should be able to sort this out [/QUOTE
follow the steps on the website provided earlier. avoid massive confrontation and just carry on with daily life. the only way to drastically resolve the issue is to move house really. if you’re both mature adults, you should be able to sort this out
Thanks. You’re right. I can’t move out. I own the house and the recession has killed the housing market. She is a council house property though so maybe the council might not be too happy to hear about her behaviour. She also has guests over during the lockadown and smokes weed
Anonymous #1
What a mess I have gotten myself into
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks. You’re right. I can’t move out. I own the house and the recession has killed the housing market. She is a council house property though so maybe the council might not be too happy to hear about her behaviour. She also has guests over during the lockadown and smokes weed
there are separate routes to take if you want to report your neighbour for breaking lockdown rules. be aware this will make things worse and escalate the situation though.
Anonymous #1
I don’t really need to know what to do anymore
Anonymous #1
She is such a loser — if anyone i could put on on mute it would be her..
Anonymous #1
I am an idiot i know
Anonymous #1
there are separate routes to take if you want to report your neighbour for breaking lockdown rules. be aware this will make things worse and escalate the situation though.
is there anything I can do about her
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)

Best move out.
I don't think I'm an idiot but I don't really know what to do anymore
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How long has your neighbour lived in the property that she currently occupies?
Is she working or on furlough?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
she's been living lessons 2013. I moved in 2019. she's unemployed and her is a council house
Kasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
good point
Last edited by Kasa; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (79)
18.29%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.7%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.5%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.01%

Watched Threads