Should I quit college? Replies needed

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know I've posted this before but I want as many peoples opinions as possible.

So college is really destroying my mental health badly and if I carry on I think im going to be in a bad place with my mental health because that's what*college*is doing right now.

I have been in horrible states and they've been caused by people at*college*like staff or teachers. When I say horrible states I actually mean it, my mental health has been off the edge, I have been panicking depressed and really anxious to the point I have lost loads of sleep.

When something happend a few weeks ago I took some time off at home which was the best time that I have had for a long time for my mental health, I was happy, I also found some investments during that time and I do a small job outside*college*so I was still getting an income.

After this eventually I had to go back to*college*which I was miserable about and I got put back in this depressed mood again by some students that exact day back. Im back in*college*now and its making miserable every single day and anxious. Every Sunday night without fail I cry my eyes out in bed because I know i have*college*for the next few days. Im thinking of giving it till Christmas which will be somewhat bareable and then before I break up before Christmas I will quit*college. I think I have about 2 or 3 weeks left till Christmas and then we break up so I'm thinking on the last day I can just go to reception to just say I'm dropping out. I know its not really the best thing to but this*college*thing is becoming literally unbareable for me.
dd_razz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

So college is really destroying my mental health badly and if I carry on I think im going to be in a bad place with my mental health because that's what*college*is doing right now.

I have been in horrible states and they've been caused by people at*college*like staff or teachers. When I say horrible states I actually mean it, my mental health has been off the edge, I have been panicking depressed and really anxious to the point I have lost loads of sleep.

When something happend a few weeks ago I took some time off at home which was the best time that I have had for a long time for my mental health, I was happy, I also found some investments during that time and I do a small job outside*college*so I was still getting an income.

After this eventually I had to go back to*college*which I was miserable about and I got put back in this depressed mood again by some students that exact day back. Im back in*college*now and its making miserable every single day and anxious. Every Sunday night without fail I cry my eyes out in bed because I know i have*college*for the next few days. Im thinking of giving it till Christmas which will be somewhat bareable and then before I break up before Christmas I will quit*college. I think I have about 2 or 3 weeks left till Christmas and then we break up so I'm thinking on the last day I can just go to reception to just say I'm dropping out. I know its not really the best thing to but this*college*thing is becoming literally unbareable for me.
Hello there, I just dropped by to say that your mental and physical health is far more valuable than materialistic things like formal education. You can always go to college again when you feel better, but your health and how you feel deep inside must always be your first priority. So, personally, I think that you should do what you want to do and quit college for the time-being, because, as you mentioned, you felt happier when you weren't attending college
😊
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

If you're 18 or over, you're legally obliged to quit education. If you're 16 or 17, all you can do is skive College as much as possible. Jobs can keep you busy which is good for your mental health. Do what you can to quit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads