How much to spend on student house?

Watch
unfortunatelyeve
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone ! I’ve been asked if I want to share with some people for second year in a house they’ve found. I’m at UWE Bristol and the house will be about £480 a month. Is this a reasonable amount to pay? I’ve found it really hard to find much comparison online.
Thank you!
SXD100
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends how many people you'll be sharing with and what the house has. If it's ensuite and not too many of you then around 120 a week is alright. If there's loads of people and shared bathroom then it's a bit high, but depends whether you're in the city or outside of it.
unfortunatelyeve
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SXD100)
It depends how many people you'll be sharing with and what the house has. If it's ensuite and not too many of you then around 120 a week is alright. If there's loads of people and shared bathroom then it's a bit high, but depends whether you're in the city or outside of it.
Thanks for the response! It’s more expensive than my halls so that’s what’s annoying me, but my halls were the cheapest option at the uni. It’s a house of 5 with 2 bathrooms and outside of the city 😬 my other friend at the uni pays £100 more though, so it seems everyone has different ideas!
SXD100
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've looked at living costs in Bristol and it seems like around 100 (so roughly what you're paying) is pretty much the expected rate. Usually cost goes down when you move out of halls so that's a good measure but since you went for a cheaper option in first year, it looks like the 120 a week is a pretty good option. You could always look for a house with more people if you're worried about cost?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
55.99%
I don't have everything I need (246)
44.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise