Everything is kind of pointless is you think about it !!

Watch
username5491034
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
in the grand scale of things earth is very insignificant
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  ygm.png
Views: 8
Size:  211.7 KB
Cute Kawaii
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, if you think about it, everything may seem kind of pointless. So it's best if you don't thunk about it in that way. Maybe change your perspective. Look at it in different angles and how things are meaningful.

And yes, the Earth is very insignificant. Not in importance, but in size 🌌
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bit like this thread
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Bit like this thread
Name:  boratverynice.png
Views: 10
Size:  378.9 KB
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by the bear)
Name:  boratverynice.png
Views: 10
Size:  378.9 KB
PRSOM :borat:
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not a lot of things have meaning, even Nietszche himself came to that conclusion. Sorry you feel this way tho.
chloenix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If nothing has meaning, then everything has meaning, because you are given all the responsibility to find your own meaning. You have been given the autonomy to find your own meaning. If you spend your entire life doing nothing of importance because you conclude that nothing matters, then you have limited the meaning of your own life. The only way to find meaning is to assign it to your own life, which is the only thing you have control over. So, if nothing has meaning, everything has meaning (as long as you decide it does).
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Bit like this thread
also like my existence but I still live
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wrong; Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman are regularly given answers that are very high-scoring, not pointless.
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloenix)
If nothing has meaning, then everything has meaning, because you are given all the responsibility to find your own meaning. You have been given the autonomy to find your own meaning. If you spend your entire life doing nothing of importance because you conclude that nothing matters, then you have limited the meaning of your own life. The only way to find meaning is to assign it to your own life, which is the only thing you have control over. So, if nothing has meaning, everything has meaning (as long as you decide it does).
I am failing my a levels and have no interests or passions or any kind of meaning in all of things that I am doing in the future, so I came to the conclusion that every thing is pointless so I dont have to deal fact that is am good for nothing incompetent piece of ****.........but I can be a meaning full incompetent piece of ****
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
Wrong; Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman are regularly given answers that are very high-scoring, not pointless.
ok
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Like trying to fix the typographical error in the title.
Joe312
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
It's not a lot of things have meaning, even Nietszche himself came to that conclusion. Sorry you feel this way tho.
Honestly Nietzsche didn't really have that view.

Nietzsche's view was that the view you express about the value of life is just an expression of your mental strength/health.

If you think life is meaningless... that's because your life is meaningless.

He said the question of whether life actually has value/meaning was a 'stupid' question, its only use being an indication of the mental strength/health of the speaker.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Isnt this common knowledge already?
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joe312)
Honestly Nietzsche didn't really have that view.

Nietzsche's view was that the view you express about the value of life is just an expression of your mental strength/health.

If you think life is meaningless... that's because your life is meaningless.

He said the question of whether life actually has value/meaning was a 'stupid' question, its only use being an indication of the mental strength/health of the speaker.
ouch but i kind of agree
chloenix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by existentialdered)
I am failing my a levels and have no interests or passions or any kind of meaning in all of things that I am doing in the future, so I came to the conclusion that every thing is pointless so I dont have to deal fact that is am good for nothing incompetent piece of ****.........but I can be a meaning full incompetent piece of ****
You assign no meaning to your A Levels, and that's completely fine, it's your decision. But you should try and find meaning in something else. A passion of yours, or travelling, or other things.
And you're not incompetent at all! Everyone has different skills, maybe yours aren't academic, doesn't make you any less valuable than academic people.
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloenix)
You assign no meaning to your A Levels, and that's completely fine, it's your decision. But you should try and find meaning in something else. A passion of yours, or travelling, or other things.
And you're not incompetent at all! Everyone has different skills, maybe yours aren't academic, doesn't make you any less valuable than academic people.
in the world we live in it kind of does(money/status/ how people view u wise which is every thing and nothing at the same time ) but i like your positive attitude
username5491034
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rufus the red)
na
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rufus the red)
The title reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/QYkJ0M1bUIU
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads