Jordz_Mas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm in second year of college and thinking of going to uni in my city to do a practical film degree, I'm willing to go to Uni to do practical work and to also enjoy the experience. However I'm not really sure whether Uni would gurantee me to be able to work in film/tv as an editor and get jobs. So should I really go down the uni path or what else?
21ForEva
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As much as uni is a great experience especially for something in Film, I think an apprenticeship is best. It's more hands-on and you'll literally get stuck in - there's no faff of doing essays or theory cuz even tho you're doing a practical film degree, they're still gonna make you do studying and all that other academic stuff. You're gonna have a great time networking with industry professionals and as they say "it's who you know, not what you know" that gets you far. Plus yeah you're right, you're already gonna have a job when you pick up the apprenticeship - the apprenticeship is the job itself. Some companies might keep you after the apprenticeship but if they don't, then you got at least 2 years experience working in a professional film or tv industry. And another plus of doing an apprenticeship, you're getting paid to learn! You won't have ANY debt to pay off AND you got the best industry experience.
Livfinnigan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi , I wanting to do a
media and fim apprenticeship too for 2021 , but struggling to find some . So far i have found some Sky apprenticeships that look amazing , wby ?
Jordz_Mas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Livfinnigan)
Hi , I wanting to do a
media and fim apprenticeship too for 2021 , but struggling to find some . So far i have found some Sky apprenticeships that look amazing , wby ?
Not too sure of what to do yet, I have applied to 2 unis atm so thats that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.25%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.06%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.23%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.65%

Watched Threads