The Student Room Group

wtf

Scroll to see replies

i know this is bad but I have some mental issues sometimes and I out of the blue end up I ignoring all my friends for days and sometimes weeks. it really isn't personal but I almost feel bad for the other person for talking to me lol. It's really irrational and its a bad habit but yeah I end up ignoring them despite having a good conversation.
I think its in part because I'm scared of disappointing them because I think they have certain expectations from me that I can't meet.
I'm not too sure but this couuuld be what's happening with him as well.
Original post by Anonymous
he requested to follow me so obvs i accepted and dmed him asking how he was on like the 26th of sep or oct i think?

The generalisation for boys (nowadays) is that the boys normally message the girls first (since you’re in upper sixth), are you fully sure he was going to message you? Or was it more of a waiting game

We talked quite a lot until now obvs and my friend was friends with him and said we were v similar and he had a banging personality, i think he's quite extroverted but i dont know him in that way

Okay so you’re both friends, nothing was initiated between you two that was more than this? If so then, I guess you could say that he simply isn’t aware that you message, either due to forgetting (I know this is fairly common) or a sense of him feeling like he isn’t entitled to..

i do know a lot of girls like him mainly due to his humour and personality

A lot of girls like him, meaning he talks to other girls too “as friends” right?

Seems to me like he isn’t aware of what you want with him, if it’s just friends then by him not responding shouldn’t really be getting to either of you. I guess you could both humourlessly joke about not responding to one another, but other than that, then idk
Original post by CaptainDuckie
The generalisation for boys (nowadays) is that the boys normally message the girls first (since you’re in upper sixth), are you fully sure he was going to message you? Or was it more of a waiting game

Okay so you’re both friends, nothing was initiated between you two that was more than this? If so then, I guess you could say that he simply isn’t aware that you message, either due to forgetting (I know this is fairly common) or a sense of him feeling like he isn’t entitled to..

A lot of girls like him, meaning he talks to other girls too “as friends” right?

Seems to me like he isn’t aware of what you want with him, if it’s just friends then by him not responding shouldn’t really be getting to either of you. I guess you could both humourlessly joke about not responding to one another, but other than that, then idk

it was more of a waiting game, at first i didnt like him that way cos it was so long so initially i just viewed it as two old friends catching up but i learnt more about him and the kind of guy he was. which i think made me kinda fall for him. idk how he is with other girls and im pretty sure he has no idea that im interested in him in that way but he does know i used to like him in primary, he was really cool about that. lol so confusing i cant even lie but like obvs my friends saw our convo and they were like, he seems really into it but then again idk if thats how he normally is aha
i know this is bad but I have some mental issues sometimes and I out of the blue end up I ignoring all my friends for days and sometimes weeks. it really isn't personal but I almost feel bad for the other person for talking to me lol. It's really irrational and its a bad habit but yeah I end up ignoring them despite having a good conversation.
I think its in part because I'm scared of disappointing them because I think they have certain expectations from me that I can't meet.
I'm not too sure but this couuuld be what's happening with him as well.

awh im sorry:frown: that sounds like an awful thing, tbh thats me sometimes too- i dont have the energy and just feel rly depressed but i make up for it like days later. idk he seems like a put together guy, applying to cambs and top unis, amazing academic records and idek. he seems pretty cool with his life
he does know i used to like him in primary, he was really cool about that.

I don’t think that really implies anything. Were you trying to indirectly tell him that you still liked him? If so, that seemed like a very poor attempt.. if you’ve said that then he might just see you as “that girl that use to crush on my in primary” type of girl

i cant even lie but like obvs my friends saw our convo and they were like, he seems really into it but then again idk if thats how he normally is aha

Okay, he might just been nice... I wouldn’t judge how someone behaves, especially if he was your “primary school crush” that is a fairly large year gap from upper sixth..

My conclusion is that he doesn’t know that you want more from him.
I don’t think that really implies anything. Were you trying to indirectly tell him that you still liked him? If so, that seemed like a very poor attempt.. if you’ve said that then he might just see you as “that girl that use to crush on my in primary” type of girl

Okay, he might just been nice... I wouldn’t judge how someone behaves, especially if he was your “primary school crush” that is a fairly large year gap from upper sixth..

My conclusion is that he doesn’t know that you want more from him.

no it was more like- we were talking abt egos and stuff and i was like oh i might aswell mention it seeing as i dont like him anymore and i was life to fuel ur ego i used to like u for like 3 weeks back in primary. it wasnt a big confession but more like a casual remark and ikr, i thik hes just a nice guy too rip
no it was more like- we were talking abt egos and stuff and i was like oh i might aswell mention it seeing as i dont like him anymore and i was life to fuel ur ego i used to like u for like 3 weeks back in primary. it wasnt a big confession but more like a casual remark and ikr, i thik hes just a nice guy too rip

Ok.. but still.. you have to either message him sooner or later trying to spark a conversation, if he’s still not responding, then I think that should be an indication on your next step
Ok.. but still.. you have to either message him sooner or later trying to spark a conversation, if he’s still not responding, then I think that should be an indication on your next step

no way am i going to double text when i already replied to him, I have too much pride to do that lol. oh well whats meant to be will be (i think this is such a stupid notion but here i am being a hypocrite and preaching it rip). and i think its for the best, even though i like him, im applying to unis like up in scotland and hes mainly based within london and the farthest is bristol. so it wouldnt work lol- trying to tell myself this to feel better but when i even think abt him romantically with someone else hurts lmao. mood of 2020 icl
no way am i going to double text when i already replied to him, I have too much pride to do that lol. oh well whats meant to be will be (i think this is such a stupid notion but here i am being a hypocrite and preaching it rip). and i think its for the best, even though i like him, im applying to unis like up in scotland and hes mainly based within london and the farthest is bristol. so it wouldnt work lol- trying to tell myself this to feel better but when i even think abt him romantically with someone else hurts lmao. mood of 2020 icl

Well.. you can’t really get mad or anything.. (most you could do is hate on him for not responding, Max) - nothing like “I loved you and you didn’t show love back though” - because technically he doesn’t know that.. so ...
Well.. you can’t really get mad or anything.. (most you could do is hate on him for not responding, Max) - nothing like “I loved you and you didn’t show love back though” - because technically he doesn’t know that.. so ...

im not mad, im just confused lol. i dont hate him either cos he doesnt owe me anything lmao

Quick Reply