University Of Bradford Optometry

Watch this thread
Shafxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is the teaching and course here good and what makes it stand out compared to other universities as I still haven't made a choice as to which university I would prefer to attend?
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shafxx)
Is the teaching and course here good and what makes it stand out compared to other universities as I still haven't made a choice as to which university I would prefer to attend?
Hi there!

Our students are taught by staff who are high profile qualified optometrists, all with broad experience in optometric practice and teaching. Staff are also actively involved in academic research, with which you may become involved in your final year.

Our three-year BsC (Hons) Optometry degree course enables you to progress towards practising as a registered optometrist.

Our courses have an emphasis on clinical practice, excellent teaching quality, teaching by qualified optometrists, well-equipped clinics and laboratories, the eye clinic and a good relationship with local hospitals and the community.

This programme is accredited by the General Optical Council, and we are ranked 6th in the UK for Optometry, Ophthalmology and Orthoptics in the Complete University Guide 2021.

If you want to find out what studying Optometry at Bradford is really like then why not ask our students? Chat with our current students directly here

You can see our facilities and wander around campus using our Virtual Experience

Some of our recent graduates have ended up as:
Pre-Registration Optometrist
Dispensing Optician
Optician
Optometrist
Physician
Store Counter Optometrist

Find out more about studying Optometry at Bradford here :yy:

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Becky
anon25x
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by University of Bradford)
Hi there!

Our students are taught by staff who are high profile qualified optometrists, all with broad experience in optometric practice and teaching. Staff are also actively involved in academic research, with which you may become involved in your final year.

Our three-year BsC (Hons) Optometry degree course enables you to progress towards practising as a registered optometrist.

Our courses have an emphasis on clinical practice, excellent teaching quality, teaching by qualified optometrists, well-equipped clinics and laboratories, the eye clinic and a good relationship with local hospitals and the community.

This programme is accredited by the General Optical Council, and we are ranked 6th in the UK for Optometry, Ophthalmology and Orthoptics in the Complete University Guide 2021.

If you want to find out what studying Optometry at Bradford is really like then why not ask our students? Chat with our current students directly here

You can see our facilities and wander around campus using our Virtual Experience

Some of our recent graduates have ended up as:
Pre-Registration Optometrist
Dispensing Optician
Optician
Optometrist
Physician
Store Counter Optometrist

Find out more about studying Optometry at Bradford here :yy:

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Becky
Hi how is optometry different to orthoptics please x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (9)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (14)
51.85%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (4)
14.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads