Does "Sexism" still exist?

Watch
Sfgns
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In school, I feel that girls are treated better by teachers than boys. For example, teachers give girls gifts even if the girls had not done anything correctly. And when boys complete some excellent work, teachers say "so?" Do you guys have the same experience?
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sexism definitely still exists.

In your case, it’s more likely favouritism than sexism. In my school, no student receives gifts so it’s most likely just your school. I’m guessing it has more to do with academic progress and favouritism rather than sexism.
summerberry19
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by baby.bear)
Sexism definitely still exists.

In your case, it’s more likely favouritism than sexism. In my school, no student receives gifts so it’s most likely just your school. I’m guessing it has more to do with academic progress and favouritism rather than sexism.
Hmm I agree.
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by summerberry19)
Hmm I agree.
Sexism by definition is discrimination due to somebody’s sex. I just don’t think the example given can be justified as sexism when it just sounds like someone is being rewarded for academic progress. If it is biased, it’s most likely the teacher has favourites haha
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sexism by definition is discrimination due to somebody’s sex. I just don’t think the example given can be justified as sexism when it just sounds like someone is being rewarded for academic progress. If it is biased, it’s most likely the teacher has favourites haha
Good point. Favouritism is the worst though...
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good point. Favouritism is the worst though...
Honestly! I remember at school the teachers would always have favourites and they wouldn’t even try to hide it haha!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
my spanish teacher is sexist. a guy was sat down doing the work he got yelled at for no reason. then the girl right infront of of her desk was sat there doing nothing and on her phone but it was completely fine? sexism clearly still exists and i think it’ll continue to in the future 🤷🏻*♀️
Sfgns
Rep:
?
yeah, those teachers are super annoying.
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly! I remember at school the teachers would always have favourites and they wouldn’t even try to hide it haha!
I know! Especially the PE teachers
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh definitely! If they were on a sports team they were automatically the teachers favourite haha
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sfgns)
In school, I feel that girls are treated better by teachers than boys. For example, teachers give girls gifts even if the girls had not done anything correctly. And when boys complete some excellent work, teachers say "so?" Do you guys have the same experience?
of course it still exists, and it always will exist

what on earth made you question that it didn't.
Sfgns
Rep:
?
exactually
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sfgns)
exactually
Amazing word.
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh definitely! If they were on a sports team they were automatically the teachers favourite haha
Exactly! In primary school, I was never on a team
I hated my PE teachers in primary school...
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exactly! In primary school, I was never on a team
I hated my PE teachers in primary school...
That sucks!
iFlops
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lmao I was one of those "favourites". Didn't match up to their expectations so jokes on them ig
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iFlops)
lmao I was one of those "favourites". Didn't match up to their expectations so jokes on them ig
lmaooo
summerberry19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That sucks!
Ikr...

(Original post by iFlops)
:lol:
chryssucks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sfgns)
Yeah, we live in a society where sexism is pretty common and it will most likely continue that way. sad truth
Sfgns
Rep:
?
I'm sure that teachers in schol love girls, but in society, those bosses like girls or boys more?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (34)
16.83%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (60)
29.7%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (77)
38.12%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.87%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.48%

Watched Threads