The Student Room Group

Need URGENT HELP

I need to write an essay on this topic but I'm completely lost at how to write this. The tutor keeps saying critique ideas and arguments must be given otherwise students will lose marks.
I really don't understand how to write this.

Can anyone please provide an outline at least on how I should proceed with this essay??? Like how should the essay format be?

This is the question
BTW English is not my first language

The question

How does gender feature within global education policies and why is girls’ education so central to these policies?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Sylvia_Guzman23
I need to write an essay on this topic but I'm completely lost at how to write this. The tutor keeps saying critique ideas and arguments must be given otherwise students will lose marks.
I really don't understand how to write this.

Can anyone please provide an outline at least on how I should proceed with this essay??? Like how should the essay format be?

This is the question
BTW English is not my first language

The question

How does gender feature within global education policies and why is girls’ education so central to these policies?

Hello,

This is a very interesting topic to write an essay on. Listen to your tutor - analyse what you are going to be writing about. What are the pros/cons, caveats, what challenges are being faced in the sphere - it's a very current topic. Your introduction should lay out why is it that we are discussing gender and its role in global education policies; the fact that there are still gaps in which not every child is taken into account, and girls in particular (as per the essay topic). This essay will discuss and analyse ...[how and why from the essay title].

The bulk of the essay then needs to mention and analyse (not merely describe) the policies. What are they, where are they from and how are they being implemented? What effect and outcome do they have on education and girls that are being educated? I suggest going onto UNICEF and seeing what they say. Their Instagram page seems to follow a lot on the topic, maybe some reports can be found. Reports are a good way forward, you can use them as a base and then scrutinise them.

Conclusion should be about why, after you have set out the policies and their effects, they are central and why it matters to us now.

That's my quick advice, anyway. Good luck and don't panic.

P.S. I know how difficult it is with English not being your first language, but you seem to be doing well already. If you are unsure of some word or need extra vocabulary, WordReference is a great place to go on for that. Don't let "second language" become an excuse to not progress. Make it your thing and exercise your brain. Films with subtitles also help, and books (obviously).
Original post by Mazza-G
Hello,

This is a very interesting topic to write an essay on. Listen to your tutor - analyse what you are going to be writing about. What are the pros/cons, caveats, what challenges are being faced in the sphere - it's a very current topic. Your introduction should lay out why is it that we are discussing gender and its role in global education policies; the fact that there are still gaps in which not every child is taken into account, and girls in particular (as per the essay topic). This essay will discuss and analyse ...[how and why from the essay title].

The bulk of the essay then needs to mention and analyse (not merely describe) the policies. What are they, where are they from and how are they being implemented? What effect and outcome do they have on education and girls that are being educated? I suggest going onto UNICEF and seeing what they say. Their Instagram page seems to follow a lot on the topic, maybe some reports can be found. Reports are a good way forward, you can use them as a base and then scrutinise them.

Conclusion should be about why, after you have set out the policies and their effects, they are central and why it matters to us now.

That's my quick advice, anyway. Good luck and don't panic.

P.S. I know how difficult it is with English not being your first language, but you seem to be doing well already. If you are unsure of some word or need extra vocabulary, WordReference is a great place to go on for that. Don't let "second language" become an excuse to not progress. Make it your thing and exercise your brain. Films with subtitles also help, and books (obviously).

Thank you so much! This is really helpful. Thanks a lot again.

I feel like I cant write essays at all at this point but your reply really opened the light.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending