Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you ring your phone provider, can they tell you what the number of a caller who is 'unknown' or on private number?

For the last few months, I seem to have been getting a load. I think it's some of my friends messing around, as they know my name. But the person on the other end is talking in a baby-ish voice or just stays silent. And when I reject the call, they keep ringing back for another 4/5 times.

If it is a friend or someone I have pissed off, I want to know who it is so I can block them, but due to it being on private number I cannot do this.

ReputationRep:
    I got told you have to ring the police.

You may be able too though.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think your best option would be to call your service provider, the worst they can say is 'no'.

If you tell me which network you're on, I can probably get you the direct telephone number for the appropriate department.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Well you could get the police on them for harassment, but otherwise just phone up your service provider and ask.

ReputationRep:
    No they won't. And even if the police were to get involved, they wouldn't tell you either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trimeresurus)
    Personally, I think your best option would be to call your service provider, the worst they can say is 'no'.

If you tell me which network you're on, I can probably get you the direct telephone number for the appropriate department.

I'm on Orange

ReputationRep:
    They won't tell you the number but they can block withheld numbers for you.

ReputationRep:
    No, they won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    I'm on Orange
    To echo the sentiments of previous posters, they won't tell you the number, but will be able to block calls from withheld numbers.

With regards to contacting them, 0800 0790440 is probably your best option.

ReputationRep:
    Call the police, if its serious enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qubog)
    They won't tell you the number but they can block withheld numbers for you.

i think you have to pay a fee for that. but still ask anyway.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.