The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP with personal statement for paramedic science

Hi

I've done multiple drafts, but I don't feel its flowing well. What kind of structure should I use?

Should I be mentioning what I'm studying or previous, if its already on the ucas application?

I just need some general help as i'm struggling
I use this website as inspiration for how to write my personal statement. It gives you a range of personal statement examples based on the subject you’re interested in studying. You can read a couple and see how they flow and how you could improve your own.

https://www.studential.com/personal-statement-examples
(edited 3 years ago)
Paramedic science is a vocational course, so you should be focused on the role - why you want to do it, showing you have an appreciation for it and showing that you have the necessary skills and qualities to do it well. You don't need to talk about your A Levels at all
Reply 3
Original post by Interrobang
Paramedic science is a vocational course, so you should be focused on the role - why you want to do it, showing you have an appreciation for it and showing that you have the necessary skills and qualities to do it well. You don't need to talk about your A Levels at all

I'm applying through an access course, I'm 24 and I don't really know what to put
Original post by Goosha
I'm applying through an access course, I'm 24 and I don't really know what to put

Have you done any shadowing/observing or speaking to paramedics? Obviously I know it's more tricky at the moment to do anything like that. Possibly even watching documentaries or reading books by paramedics about their experiences to show you have an understanding of what it takes to be one (what skills/qualities they need and why).

As for your own skills - what have you done/are currently doing? Things like a job or volunteering. This is a way to show off your skills and qualities by talking about how you've done it
Showcase your skills and qualities. Describe real life examples like teamwork etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending