No one trusts what I say

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've had this recurring issue for years now, where people always doubt what I say. This is almost always in the context of work/studies. For example, if I am in a group with a bunch of people and I bring up a point to someone, they will always immediately look at another person for confirmation. I know that this is quite a usual thing to do, but I've noticed that it doesn't happen with other people in the group. One of my friends (A) recently asked another friend of ours (B) to look through and check her CV, as B said that she was good at English. Today, A let me read through her new CV that B had revised and I noticed many grammatical errors and sentences that just didn't make sense. I asked A if she wanted me to change it for her and she gave me the most unenthusiastic response and went "no, B already looked through it so I'm sure it makes sense." She was basically insinuating that she trusted B's skills more than mine, which is her choice I suppose? But it all sort of adds up to a bigger picture.

Why is it that everyone doubts me so much?
idonthaveaname1223
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t know why either but I went through the same thing. I changed my social circle and soon enough things changed for me. I was no longer being doubted by either my work colleagues or my friends. Over time I guess my colleagues realised that I am not doubtful
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't waste your time or emotion on the people who don't deserve it.
Some people are cliquey, snobbish, obnoxious or only interested in using other people .
Life is too short to waste spending much time on those who contribute nothing positive to your life and don't value you.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads