I spend every Sunday worrying about Monday

Watch
TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been doing this for as long as I can remember. I work Monday-Friday so have the weekends off- similar to how things were when I was at school and sixth form. But it feels like Saturday is my only day off because I spend most of Sunday worrying about what Monday will be like at work.

I have been for a run this morning which helped a bit, and have been trying to distract myself by watching YouTube. But it is still in the back of my mind that I have to go to work tomorrow and my chest is starting to feel tight. And something is that is making me more anxious is that every second passing brings me closer to the moment I will be back at work.
I just can't relax and it feels like I'm just wasting my day off by thinking about work .
Dinosaur27
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In the same. Just recently started a new schedule working Monday to Friday and finally get weekends off. I thought I'd love it but just end up spending all of Sunday thinking about work.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you not like your work place/ job?
TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Do you not like your work place/ job?
I do like it, but it can be stressful. I work in a hospital, so there is a level of uncertainty as I never know what the following day will bring. It's only really on Sundays that I worry about work though. Once Monday is over with, I am more into the swing of things and have an idea what to expect for the rest of the week.
Last edited by TheAnxiousSloth; 1 month ago
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Username checks out.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheAnxiousSloth)
I do like it, but it can be stressful. I work in a hospital, so there is a level of uncertainty as I never know what the following day will bring. It's only really on Sundays that I worry about work though. Once Monday is over with, I am more into the swing of things and have an idea what to expect for the rest of the week.
I understand what you mean, kind of like being anxious of the unknown?

I think a change of mind set might help you I.e. instead of worrying about what’s to come, tell yourself that it is something that is out of your control, and therefore worrying is only a waste of your energy and time.
You also said that you get into the flow of it after Monday, so maybe try to reassure yourself that you’ll be fine because you have been week after week, so there’s no reason why it would be any different next week or the next.
Try to take everything in your stride - even if things don’t go to plan, you can learn from your experiences, so there’s always a positive in every situation.

Hopefully that helps a bit :dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed