Am I good enough for these universities?

Watch
abiloui5e
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m completing my UCAS application and after being rejected from my first uni, I have four left. I’m choosing from Exeter(AAA), Bristol (AAA), Kings (AAA) UCL (AAA) Durham (A*AA) St. andrews (AAA) Royal Holloway (AAB-ABB). I have predictions of AAAB and a B in EPQ with GCSEs of 9877766554
Is it worth applying to St Andrews or Durham or am i most likely to be rejected? I want to study English and I know it’s very competitive!
I think Royal Holloway would be a good safe option (but i’m not too enthusiastic about it)
Not too interested in Manchester, Liverpool or Leeds as they’re too close to me and i want to move away.
Any advice?
Abby27
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abiloui5e)
I’m completing my UCAS application and after being rejected from my first uni, I have four left. I’m choosing from Exeter(AAA), Bristol (AAA), Kings (AAA) UCL (AAA) Durham (A*AA) St. andrews (AAA) Royal Holloway (AAB-ABB). I have predictions of AAAB and a B in EPQ with GCSEs of 9877766554
Is it worth applying to St Andrews or Durham or am i most likely to be rejected? I want to study English and I know it’s very competitive!
I think Royal Holloway would be a good safe option (but i’m not too enthusiastic about it)
Not too interested in Manchester, Liverpool or Leeds as they’re too close to me and i want to move away.
Any advice?
Hi fellow Abi! You are absolutely fine for all of those Uni's, just check UCL because in the small print they want a gcse requirement for a foreign language. But as far as your GCSE grades, don't worry, if they show strength in the area u want to study that's brilliant and your predictions are strong. My gcse's are strong but I have to say my sciences are more rocky than my humanities, and I just got an interview from Cambridge!!! I would say just put down the ones you want to go to...ignore the first blip (the majority of people have them, but don't necessarily tell people), apply to the ones you love, that you can see yourself there. Have a crack at the ones you want to go to and maybe put an option you aren't unhappy/happy either way hope this helps!
abiloui5e
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Abby27)
Hi fellow Abi! You are absolutely fine for all of those Uni's, just check UCL because in the small print they want a gcse requirement for a foreign language. But as far as your GCSE grades, don't worry, if they show strength in the area u want to study that's brilliant and your predictions are strong. My gcse's are strong but I have to say my sciences are more rocky than my humanities, and I just got an interview from Cambridge!!! I would say just put down the ones you want to go to...ignore the first blip (the majority of people have them, but don't necessarily tell people), apply to the ones you love, that you can see yourself there. Have a crack at the ones you want to go to and maybe put an option you aren't unhappy/happy either way hope this helps!
Thank you so much - this is so helpful! Good luck with Cambridge! My English GCSE’s were the strongest and sciences the weakest (as I hated it). Thanks for pointing out the languages requirement for UCL, I had no idea but have a 6 in French if that helps?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads