taymay61
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey!
I’m a 22 year old ✨mature student ✨
I live estranged from my parents and have done for many years. I currently rent a 5 year council house lease in Suffolk, as my little boy lives with his dad here.

This means it would be far to expensive to rent halls at the same time so will have to commute to uni and placements.

I have applied for UG Children’s nursing at Suffolk, (30 mins walk), UEA, LSBU and KCL.

How bad and difficult will it be to commute? It takes me 45 mins to get to Liverpool Street on a train or 45 mins to Norwich on the train but I’m trying to think logically.

Is this do able?

Thanks
alex282
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by taymay61)
Hey!
I live estranged from my parents and have done for many years. I currently rent a 5 year council house lease in Suffolk, as my little boy lives with his dad here.

This means it would be far to expensive to rent halls at the same time so will have to commute to uni and placements.

I have applied for UG Children’s nursing at Suffolk, (30 mins walk), UEA, LSBU and KCL.

How bad and difficult will it be to commute? It takes me 45 mins to get to Liverpool Street on a train or 45 mins to Norwich on the train but I’m trying to think logically.

Is this do able?

Thanks
45 minutes isn't that bad, probably around the same time it took some of the people in my class to commute. A lot of courses aren't 5 days a week, and classes are usually only on for around 6 months of the year. You will need to look into transport costs but I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper and more convenient than living in halls
taymay61
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by alex282)
45 minutes isn't that bad, probably around the same time it took some of the people in my class to commute. A lot of courses aren't 5 days a week, and classes are usually only on for around 6 months of the year. You will need to look into transport costs but I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper and more convenient than living in halls
Hey! Thanks for the quick reply! I guess its more what time uni normally finishes, and if I can get trains that late, and seeing the best way that I’d commute if they put me on a night shift in a hospital in London for example
University of Suffolk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by taymay61)
Hey!

Is this do able?

Thanks
Hey!

If you haven't already, it maybe useful to ask each university about the amount of hours you'll spend at placement and campus. This way you can decide whether commuting is worth it!

Obviously, you know how long it takes to get to the University of Suffolk, but we can put you in contact with one of our Children's Nursing academics if you would like to discuss your timetable.

I wish you all the best with your decision!
Brandon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (38)
5.81%
Uncertainty around my education (77)
11.77%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
11.01%
Lack of purpose or motivation (83)
12.69%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (37)
5.66%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (37)
5.66%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (70)
10.7%
Financial worries (41)
6.27%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (26)
3.98%
Exposure to negative news/social media (39)
5.96%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (19)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (63)
9.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (52)
7.95%

Watched Threads