The Student Room Group

SFE tuition fee loan for second degree

Hi Sfe, I have previously graduated with Bachelors degree in accounting and I have applied full tuition fee and maintenance loan during that time.

I have been planning to do a second degree in few years time in Bsc in Dental Hygiene and Therapy from Portsmouth university (full-time, 3 year course).

Am I eligible for any loan (esp. tuition fee loan), since it is my first time doing a science related degree?

Thank you for taking time to read my question.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by o_g1994
Hi Sfe, I have previously graduated with Bachelors degree in accounting and I have applied full tuition fee and maintenance loan during that time.

I have been planning to do a second degree in few years time in Bsc in Dental Hygiene and Therapy from Portsmouth university (full-time, 3 year course).

Am I eligible for any loan (esp. tuition fee loan), since it is my first time doing a science related degree?

Thank you for taking time to read my question.

Hi, Dental Hygiene and Therapy is an exception course so you should be funded for this in the current 20/21 academic year.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, Dental Hygiene and Therapy is an exception course so you should be funded for this in the current 20/21 academic year.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you for the reply ! 👍🏻
Reply 3
Hi, do you have a list of these exception courses? Thanks
Original post by o_g1994
Thank you for the reply ! 👍🏻

You're welcome :smile:

Original post by wardheed
Hi, do you have a list of these exception courses? Thanks

Below is a list of the Full Time courses exempt from Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ) and Previous Study rules:
- Graduate Entry Medical Chiropody
- Dietetics
- Dietetics and Nutrition (Please note that these courses specifically have both dietetics and nutrition in the title. The individual course ‘nutrition’ is not a valid Allied Health Professional course)
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Department Practice (Diplomas and Degrees)
- Orthoptics
- Physiotherapy
- Podiatry
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Radiotherapy
- Speech and Language Therapy/ Dental courses

Part Time
If you already hold an Honours degree or a higher level (HE) qualification, you are able to apply for a Part Time Fee Loan for any one of the exception course below. For students who start a new course from 18/19 onwards, this will mean they can apply for the Part Time Maintenance Loan as well as tuition fees.
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- General and Others in Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Thanks, Isaac
Hi there,So just to clarify if I study Medicine/Dentistry as a 2nd complete degree after a BSc undergrad I would still be eligible for the complete tuition fee loan and part-time maintenance loans?
Original post by RaisaKhan
Hi there,So just to clarify if I study Medicine/Dentistry as a 2nd complete degree after a BSc undergrad I would still be eligible for the complete tuition fee loan and part-time maintenance loans?

Depending on the course and depending on if it's a distance learning course, yes.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending