Laurawalms
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
Theres no requirement on the llm im applying for at UoM. Would you do one anyway?? I dont want to miss a way to gain some brownie points if it would help. I have asked them directly but wonder if anyone else has had this? Thanks
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Laurawalms)
Hi
Theres no requirement on the llm im applying for at UoM. Would you do one anyway?? I dont want to miss a way to gain some brownie points if it would help. I have asked them directly but wonder if anyone else has had this? Thanks
If there's no requirement to submit a personal statement, it's unlikely that your statement would get looked at if you did write and send one. In my experience, admissions teams will be following specific criteria when considering an application so will only look at the documents that fulfil that criteria.

If there's space on your application/covering letter to add more information, you can always put a line in that a full personal statement is available upon request if required - then the university can contact you if they do want to see more.

Hope that helps and good luck with your application!

Amy
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Laurawalms)
Hi
As Keele says, Universities are usually pretty hardcore about ignoring any additional information that comes in, like additional references, CVs, covering letters, for reasons of fairness. Have you double checked that there isn't a free text question in the application that implies the statement, eg 'Please state how you think you are suitable for this course'?
Laurawalms
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks all. Ive emailed to double check!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (236)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (181)
43.41%

Watched Threads