Zosia_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm finally getting my s*** together and writing my statement. My school has given me a general guide were you do the intro, a para on academics and anther para on work experience, volunteering etc and a final para on other things and skills. However I have no work experience or volunteering so I don't know what to do now for that para as I want to apply as soon as possible (before Christmas preferably). Is there any value to that para, what could I do now in such a short time? Any advice is welcome.
jas149
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you involved in any clubs in school or other extra curricular activities?
Zosia_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by jas149)
Are you involved in any clubs in school or other extra curricular activities?
unfortunately no
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Focus on your skills like teamwork.
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No sports teams etc? Any positions within school (form rep, house captain etc?)
Can you find any online work experience related to your subject? Or an online course?
pineapple201
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zosia_)
So I'm finally getting my s*** together and writing my statement. My school has given me a general guide were you do the intro, a para on academics and anther para on work experience, volunteering etc and a final para on other things and skills. However I have no work experience or volunteering so I don't know what to do now for that para as I want to apply as soon as possible (before Christmas preferably). Is there any value to that para, what could I do now in such a short time? Any advice is welcome.
Have you completed any MOOC's or read any books?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Work experience and volunteering are not necessary - your main focus should be on your academic interest in the course. You can write a brief paragraph on hobbies and extra curricular activities as well, but it doesn't matter.
The University of Law Students
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zosia_)
Hey!

What’s the subject for?

You still have a month left to join a club if you can? One with teamwork would be good for most careers!

If you can’t join a club, why not read a book (or articles if you can’t purchase a book).

Have a look into any charity work you can do eg volunteering somewhere, this can be done virtually too in some places

What do you like to do in your spare time? The above examples are all good things to pick up if you don’t do much of these currently

Best of luck!
Tasha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (197)
57.43%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.57%

Watched Threads