curious5232
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya, does anyone have any ideas on what I could do my epq on? I'm planning on studying human geography at uni and have decided to do an epq, but after having a look around on other chat rooms I can't find many ideas for human geography.
The main thing I'm struggling with is that I'm taking edexcel geography for a level so the topic can't be on the course. Has anyone got any experience or ideas? Much appreciated!
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Looking at how a place near you has changed through time? E.g. if you live near a village, has it expanded as the Hudson Model predicts?

For AQA geography there’s a topic on changing places + sense of place, if that’s not on the Edexcel spec, you could do something about if someone’s location affects their sense of place / or the age of someone affect their sense of place/belonging to an area?
(Original post by curious5232)
Hiya, does anyone have any ideas on what I could do my epq on? I'm planning on studying human geography at uni and have decided to do an epq, but after having a look around on other chat rooms I can't find many ideas for human geography.
The main thing I'm struggling with is that I'm taking edexcel geography for a level so the topic can't be on the course. Has anyone got any experience or ideas? Much appreciated!
curious5232
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
Looking at how a place near you has changed through time? E.g. if you live near a village, has it expanded as the Hudson Model predicts?

For AQA geography there’s a topic on changing places + sense of place, if that’s not on the Edexcel spec, you could do something about if someone’s location affects their sense of place / or the age of someone affect their sense of place/belonging to an area?
Than you for the quick reply! Those are some interesting ideas but I am pretty sure those are on the course. I've spoken to my supervisor and she has repeatably said that it should be far away from the course so i don't think it would work.
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Than you for the quick reply! Those are some interesting ideas but I am pretty sure those are on the course. I've spoken to my supervisor and she has repeatably said that it should be far away from the course so i don't think it would work.
Ahh okay maybe something about natural hazards if you don’t study that?
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is a list

Sense of place
Teamwork in geography
How towns and cities change over many years
Natural hazards
Geographical features of a river or sea
Landforms
Mountains
curious5232
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I thought I'd come on here and list some examples for anyone that is struggling like I was^^^
I have finally chosen to research food security for my EPQ which I am excited to do! I highly recommend listening to what others are saying in the fact that you need to think about what you're interested in because that is going to help you get through! Nevertheless, here are some examples to get you thinking:

-Tourism (the effect of tourism on somewhere)
-Syrian civil war (impact on poverty/inequality)
-Fast fashion (Is it good or bad?)
-Rise of super crops and GMO
-Covid19 (How has it impacted the world)
-Obesity
-Brexit
-Australian wildfires

These are literally just topics from recent world news so that is another great place to get ideas.
This link is also good for question ideas: https://libguides.tts.edu.sg/EPQ/Geography
Good luck!
CaitlinDeCat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I thought I'd come on here and list some examples for anyone that is struggling like I was^^^
I have finally chosen to research food security for my EPQ which I am excited to do! I highly recommend listening to what others are saying in the fact that you need to think about what you're interested in because that is going to help you get through! Nevertheless, here are some examples to get you thinking:

-Tourism (the effect of tourism on somewhere)
-Syrian civil war (impact on poverty/inequality)
-Fast fashion (Is it good or bad?)
-Rise of super crops and GMO
-Covid19 (How has it impacted the world)
-Obesity
-Brexit
-Australian wildfires

These are literally just topics from recent world news so that is another great place to get ideas.
This link is also good for question ideas: https://libguides.tts.edu.sg/EPQ/Geography
Good luck!
Quite ironic because I did mine on water security in Mexico City, looking for a solution.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads