Is it normal to have not ever kissed someone at 17?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically everywhere on tv and social media I see couples my age or younger than me and have bfs and kissed ppl and everything and has sex. I never have and it makes me so insecure and sad. Also so much ppl in my school have done these things too. What do you think?
itsprincess
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course it’s normal. Not everyone is going to get to this stage with others at 17 or younger. Plus I think you shouldn’t base the normality of your life from tv because I’ve found it’s very unrealistic
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’ve come to people to tell you how to feel the same way you looked to others to compare your life to theirs, whether it’s approval or disapproval you’re still coming to people for opinions on your life, that’s wrong and you need to understand that.
Last edited by JustOneMoreThing; 1 month ago
cchloepx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think its fairly normal, and its nothing to be ashamed about.

I didn't start dating my boyfriend until January, when I was 16, and I had kissed him a couple of times before but I was still 16 and had sex with him when I was 16.

It's okay to not want to do things or to just havent had done them until youre older. a lot of the people i know from primary school who had their first kiss when they were like 9 or 10, or their first time having sex when they were 14 or so say that they regret it now and wished they had waited. i'm sure that's not the case for everyone, and there's no shame in it either way

don't be too worried about it, basically (:
KAy1a.2021
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im 16 and i was in a relationship secretly but never kissed anyone.
I know a bunch of people my age who haven't kissed anyone yet so its normal.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
It’s normal, everyone does things at their own pace, everyone is different. Be your own person and don’t be bothered by what other people have said they’ve donen
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s normal
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thabks everyone, I just feel very left out
username3118454
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm 21 and never kissed anyone. Hope that makes you feel better lol
Ramipril
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn't have my first real kiss until I was 18/19.
21ForEva
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS CALL THE POLICE HOW COULD YOU I DONT BELIEVE THISSSSSSSS OMGOSDGJ'PSDFG 'ASDFUS'A FDS'PODFSD'PFJS 'FSFD
Spoiler:
Show
Relax, there's plenty of people who haven't been kissed and they're wayyy older than you dude
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Haven't even gotten close to getting a girlfriend yet. I think it's normal.
Sophhhowa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My first was just before I turned 18. I’m now at uni and I’m amazed at how little so many people have done (I thought I was late). Basically no it’s not weird, it’s perfectly normal
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
NORMAL

But can definitely relate to how you're feeling. I like to console myself by reminding myself that of course all that stuff is going to be on TV shows because generally speaking that makes for a more interesting story etc...
Think how boring an accurate depiction of teenage life would be in a movie?
HousesInCork
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Perfectly normal! Didn't have my first kiss til I was 17 and then after that I wasn't really kissing anyone on the regular until I was dating someone aged 24. Not everyone around you is as experienced as you might suppose, promise.
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by angelike1)
I'm 21 and never kissed anyone. Hope that makes you feel better lol
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
Haven't even gotten close to getting a girlfriend yet. I think it's normal.
Same here mate, 24 guy virgin here never kissed and never even got anywhere near to having a gf... Life sucks
DOOODARS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d say it’s normal, there’s no time limit on these things, so just take it as it comes
jenerous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's very damaging to base/compare your life to TV and social media content, they are merely entertainment and communication tools.
Just because so many people around you are doing it, doesn't mean you not doing it are therefore, abnormal. There are plenty of people who haven't done it, just like you, and it is perfectly normal. You are probably only feeling insecure and sad because that is what you're constantly seeing and focusing on. Also, human affinity to social conformity. Maybe look at it at a more holistic level?

Plus, isn't it a thing to be unique, special and different? You could just think that as according to you, you are one of the few people who haven't done it, congrats!
TJ1997
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah it's quite common, contrary to what you might be seeing around you or online.

I know people who are the same age as me (early 20s) and have never kissed anyone or had a relationship. It's not a race to the finish line but will definitely happen in it's own time..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (235)
56.63%
I don't have everything I need (180)
43.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise