The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Application Business Management

Hi All,

I'm thinking of applying to Reading for Business Management and loved the campus tour that I took with my parents....... It was a real shame that it was not a guided tour but given the circumstances totally understandable.

I see that the standard entry requirement is ABB.

I have read that if I make Reading my firm choice the entry grade is dropped by one.. Meaning BBB. Is this correct?

Also do Reading give contextual offers? I really want to come to Reading but this year has been tough on my health and I'm currently predicted BCD.... I'm not sure what to do?

Currently studying A-level, Physics, Economics and Geography.

Any help or advice appreciated.
Regards
Business2021
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Business2021
Hi All,

I'm thinking of applying to Reading for Business Management and loved the campus tour that I took with my parents....... It was a real shame that it was not a guided tour but given the circumstances totally understandable.

I have read that if I make Reading my firm choice the entry grade is dropped by one.. Meaning BBB. Is this correct?

Also do Reading give contextual offers? I really want to come to Reading but this year has been tough on my health and I'm currently predicted BCD.... I'm not sure what to do?

Regards
Business2021

Hi! I have also applied to reading to do business management :smile: I remember reading that if you firm them they may lower the entry requirements by one grade. They also give out contextual offers too (I think I am able to access it!), pretty sure the entry requirements drop 1-2 grades. Can't remember the criteria on how to be eligible for the contextual offer though. Then, on top of this, if you take EPQ and get a B in it they may even lower the entry requirements by one grade. So you could potentially be given an offer of CCC (or BCC if you don't take EPQ).

Also, which other universities are you thinking of applying to? Hope what I have written helps you.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Business2021
Hi All,

Regards
Business2021

Hey @Business2021

Amazing to hear you got top see the campus, and that you are thinking of applying.

It is true that Reading often offer lower grades if you firm the university, however I cannot confirm whether this is the case for this particular course.

Reading do offer contextual offers, there is a page explaining this in more detail which you can find here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/what-offer-will-i-get.aspx

I would advise you get in contact with the department directly, which you can do through the ask a question portal here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/forms/crm/question.aspx. The portal will direct your question to the relevant person and open a dialogue about your situation and your best options.

I hope this helps
Good luck with your application

Zoe
Second year Biological sciences and student ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending