The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencers induction

Hello! I recently got offered a Christmas temp job at a local M&S - I have my induction day tomorrow starting at 9am. Just wondering if anyone can let me know what happens during the day. I’m strangely not anxious about it, just been wondering what I should expect.
I’m wearing black trousers and top and brogues. Ill be taking my own lunch in a tote bag so I hope i’ll get a locker as it will have my car keys and purse in.

My interview was easy, the staff were friendly. I had to answer a handful of questions. I didn’t do role play - not sure if that’s because i’m just a temp or because of covid.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by aboib
Hello! I recently got offered a Christmas temp job at a local M&S - I have my induction day tomorrow starting at 9am. Just wondering if anyone can let me know what happens during the day. I’m strangely not anxious about it, just been wondering what I should expect.
I’m wearing black trousers and top and brogues. Ill be taking my own lunch in a tote bag so I hope i’ll get a locker as it will have my car keys and purse in.

My interview was easy, the staff were friendly. I had to answer a handful of questions. I didn’t do role play - not sure if that’s because i’m just a temp or because of covid.

Thanks

You should get a locker pretty early in the session so don't worry there.
Induction basically covers store values, policies and any pre-job training you need to do - fire safety, manual handling, till training and look 25.
You'll also get a tour of the store and all staff doors, as well as likely meeting some staff from the section you'll be working in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending