The Student Room Group

Ask Me Anything about Pharmacy

Hey everyone,

My name's Amina and I'm a third-year pharmacy student at the University of Reading. I have been really enjoying pharmacy and I would say my favourite part of the degree has been learning about the manufacture of different types of drugs and being able to put all of our knowledge together. I know I had a lot of questions before applying so feel free to drop them down below. I will be checking up every day/every other day!

Hope you have a good day and that this is useful for you!😊
From,

Amina
Hey i have an interview this week and im just preparing for that. Do yoy recommend any webistes that i should read in order to be successful at the interview?
Original post by .2.0.0.3.
Hey i have an interview this week and im just preparing for that. Do yoy recommend any webistes that i should read in order to be successful at the interview?

Hey @.2.0.0.3.,

I would say remember why you're wanting to study pharmacy. Also if you want to go the extra mile you can look at the GPhC website and familiarise yourself with the 'Standards for Pharmacy Professionals' which can help in some questions I've had in the past.

This can be found here: https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/

I hope this helps and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!
From,

Amina 😊
Original post by UniofReading
Hey @.2.0.0.3.,

I would say remember why you're wanting to study pharmacy. Also if you want to go the extra mile you can look at the GPhC website and familiarise yourself with the 'Standards for Pharmacy Professionals' which can help in some questions I've had in the past.

This can be found here: https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/

I hope this helps and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!
From,

Amina 😊

Thank you Amina. Can i just ask, whats one thing youve least liked during your pharmacy degree?
Original post by .2.0.0.3.
Thank you Amina. Can i just ask, whats one thing youve least liked during your pharmacy degree?

Hey @.2.0.0.3.,

Probably for myself, I would say it was the pure organic chemistry, but saying that the lecturer was really helpful and went through it step by step and we could ask lots of questions in the workshop which helped me clear it in my head more. I still much prefer it to A-level style organic chemistry because here, we can see what the result changing the organic chemistry has on the patient - which is what I enjoy.

Hope this helps and do let us know if you have any other questions!
From,

Amina 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending