The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Tutorials!?

Okay, so I've registered for my courses, got my timetable, but I have yet to hear anything definite about tutorials. Do we have to sign ourselves up for tutorials, or are we allocated times in the first class meeting? I'd go and see my DoS but I'm told she's registering 4th years all this week and therefore no MFL students get to meet with their DoS.

Is it different between the colleges? I'm in DELC - the languages school - doing French and Philosophy. Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I'm on the verge of going mental. :confused:
Cauldhame
Okay, so I've registered for my courses, got my timetable, but I have yet to hear anything definite about tutorials.

Different Schools and different departments do things differently. You won't be expected to sign up until you're told how to do it. For some (generally within SPS) you sign up online through WebCT. For most you get them assigned to you during the first couple of weeks by the course secretary, in small classes by picking the more convenient of two times, in larger groups by filling in when you're available/not available during the first lecture or two so that someone in an office can assign everyone an OK time. There are possibly other ways of signing up that other departments use, but you're almost certainly going to be told how to do it in your first lecture (and if you're not you can always ask or send off an email to your course secretary).
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
artorscience?
Different Schools and different departments do things differently. You won't be expected to sign up until you're told how to do it. For some (generally within SPS) you sign up online through WebCT. For most you get them assigned to you during the first couple of weeks by the course secretary, in small classes by picking the more convenient of two times, in larger groups by filling in when you're available/not available during the first lecture or two so that someone in an office can assign everyone an OK time. There are possibly other ways of signing up that other departments use, but you're almost certainly going to be told how to do it in your first lecture (and if you're not you can always ask or send off an email to your course secretary).

Cheers - I was just overcome by a massive wave of panic that I was going to be kicked off the course! :o:
Your French tutorials will be arranged during your first class meeting.

Latest

Trending

Trending