Anonymous370
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey,

Can you recycle a cardboard box covered in a thin plastic ? Upon close inspection, I noticed thin transparent plastic, maybe a tape I guess, covering the cardboard box. So, can I recycle it then or not? It's packaged up by a "made in China" seller on Amazon that I got the box from...

Thanks
DOOODARS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can you remove the plastic from the cardboard? If not then it's unlikely that you can since the cardboard and plastic have different recycling processes and can not be cross contaminated.
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
(Original post by DOOODARS)
Can you remove the plastic from the cardboard? If not then it's unlikely that you can since the cardboard and plastic have different recycling processes and can not be cross contaminated.
I can but it'll just take too much effort tbh...
If it helps, it's a tape by the look of it...
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
Is it just me or is so much of Amazon/Amazon sellers just "made in China" sellers ?
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
Could you explain the last bit, please ? Does that mean, say for instance, a 50kg/Litres recycling waste bin failing to be recycled just bcos one person may have put in a bit of plastic in it ??? But the thing is, in the real world, surely this just inevitably happens so, we're all humans at the end of the day and we all just make mistakes, err. This kinda makes me feel as if recycling possibly loses its point, no ?:confused:
DOOODARS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous370)
Could you explain the last bit, please ? Does that mean, say for instance, a 50kg/Litres recycling waste bin failing to be recycled just bcos one person may have put in a bit of plastic in it ??? But the thing is, in the real world, surely this just inevitably happens so, we're all humans at the end of the day and we all just make mistakes, err. This kinda makes me feel as if recycling possibly loses its point, no ?:confused:
Usually when recycling, stuff will get sorted into the correct sections (so different plastics would get sorted into their individual sections, card would get sorted into its own area, glass, metal etc etc)

Keeping the two together would be difficult to separate and take a lot of time, which means more money, so it would likely get chucked out
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
Usually when recycling, stuff will get sorted into the correct sections (so different plastics would get sorted into their individual sections, card would get sorted into its own area, glass, metal etc etc)

Keeping the two together would be difficult to separate and take a lot of time, which means more money, so it would likely get chucked out
I see. Cool. Thanks . PRSOM
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (219)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (173)
44.13%

Watched Threads