Pennylol1
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My mocks are in 8 days and I haven’t started revising. These grades will make up our predicted grades apparently. Do I have enough time to revise? And if not do predictions really matter to sixth forms?
A.B72
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I was in your position last year and I revised not too much for GCSE mocks and ended up getting 6's - 9's which was great. My friends blew it off and didn't care too much. Guess who ended up getting good GCSE grades when COVID came around? My point is, people are going to tell you GCSE mocks don't matter and in the grand scheme of things they don't. But still try because no one knows what's going on with COVID and these mocks might just be the actual grades your sixth forms end up getting. 8 days really isn't a lot but if you prioritise the important subjects (maths, english, sciences) and practise the bits you're unsure of, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Frozetman
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pennylol1)
My mocks are in 8 days and I haven’t started revising. These grades will make up our predicted grades apparently. Do I have enough time to revise? And if not do predictions really matter to sixth forms?
You will need predicted grades to apply for sixth form, Since your mocks are in 8 days I'd recommend that you mybe do a past paper and see the areas you're weakest in and revise those as 8 days probably isn't enough time to revise everything
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
no, if you're applying to the state comprehensive sixth form in your catchment area you'll get an offer because you're entitled to an education

private and grammar sixth forms will use predictions, and there's no harm in trying (the harder you practice, the easier it is)
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
start now. don't burn yourself out but try to do some revision at least so you know what the real gaps in your knowledge are and can tailor your revision accordingly as you approach the summer exams. predictions will matter some degree to sixth forms especially if they're competitive or have requirements for the a level subjects you're interested in doing.
Abzdot
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pennylol1)
The majority of (excellent) sixth forms don’t care about predictions they really care about final grades, this mock could decide your final grades so you might want to try for them just to be on the safe side but if you’re not going to a competitive sixth form then it isn’t to big of a problem.

But 7 days is enough time for revision, just go over the content in your books and that should secure yourself a decent grade as your teachers won’t put stuff you haven’t learnt in.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads