Ameendinho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to do a hr degree at uni.Which 3 A Levels from these should I take:Business, Law, Sociology, History, Psychology
Last edited by Ameendinho; 1 month ago
something_orphic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I highly suggest doing economics its not that hard at A level i thought the maths would be harder and is more valuable than business and would out you at an advantage. But if not i would do Business with 2 others. Really you need 2 'hard' subjects and 1 soft. Business is considered a 'soft' subject and so is sociology. So either Law, History or Psychology with Business would be your best bet. But it really is up to you. A lot of students do Psychology and many end up regretting it so do your research on Psychology A level i wish someone told me that. I think out of usefulness Law and Psychology w Business would be the best bet as they go better together. Hope this helps.
Ameendinho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by something_orphic)
I highly suggest doing economics its not that hard at A level i thought the maths would be harder and is more valuable than business and would out you at an advantage. But if not i would do Business with 2 others. Really you need 2 'hard' subjects and 1 soft. Business is considered a 'soft' subject and so is sociology. So either Law, History or Psychology with Business would be your best bet. But it really is up to you. A lot of students do Psychology and many end up regretting it so do your research on Psychology A level i wish someone told me that. I think out of usefulness Law and Psychology w Business would be the best bet as they go better together. Hope this helps.
Im leaning towards Business, History and Law.

Business and History at A Level and Law at BTEC
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ameendinho)
Im leaning towards Business, History and Law.

Business and History at A Level and Law at BTEC
Go for it! you can always try it out and switch. Tbh they dont care that much just work hard and get work experience if possible even if its just working in ur local convenience store you can put a spin on it. I do business and i am in a business tutorial so i am seeing loads of people getting rejected/accepted from their top unis. All the people who actually work/have work experience have gotten rly good offers. Also go and do a summer school at a university you want to go to that'll help. EPQ is also a good idea. I wish i had gotten work experience and done an EPQ.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ameendinho)
I want to do a hr degree at uni.Which 3 A Levels from these should I take:Business, Law, Sociology, History, Psychology
Business and Psychology would be the most relevant
Q and A
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi,
have you done A Level economics or degree level?
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Q and A)
hi,
have you done A Level economics or degree level?
Admittedly no I wish I had tho. the majority of my friends take it and my business teacher is a also an economics
teacher so I have seen the work involved along w my friends being worse than me at maths (they all achieved a grade 5 in GCSE). Obviously degree level economics is pretty hard but the A level is doable.
Q and A
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Admittedly no I wish I had tho. the majority of my friends take it and my business teacher is a also an economics
teacher so I have seen the work involved along w my friends being worse than me at maths (they all achieved a grade 5 in GCSE). Obviously degree level economics is pretty hard but the A level is doable.
Thanks for getting back to me. I plan to study economics at degree level BA
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for getting back to me. I plan to study economics at degree level BA
Where are you applying? Good luck
Q and A
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Where are you applying? Good luck
Lancaster University, the thing I dont know if economics is right for me
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lancaster University, the thing I dont know if economics is right for me
Ooh Lancaster. I guess you can always get in and change courses if you change your mind,
Q and A
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ooh Lancaster. I guess you can always get in and change courses if you change your mind,
yeah, what you doing at the moment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (199)
57.68%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise