The Student Room Group

How do we actually look like ?

in the mirror i look amazing
but
in photos i look hideous
but in videos i look ok

which one is the way ?
in the mirror, your image is flipped so you look better.

TBH we all look like **** :smile:
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
in the mirror, your image is flipped so you look better.

TBH we all look like **** :smile:

so how do i see the real me ? the me people see everday because i think i look like **** lmao
Original post by hapiolen
so how do i see the real me ? the me people see everday because i think i look like **** lmao

take a whole body picture. Thats what you look like.

you might look quite good. Your selfie (profile pic) makes you look quite delicious :love:
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
take a whole body picture. Thats what you look like.

you might look quite good. Your selfie (profile pic) makes you look quite delicious :love:

oh so a picture is what you look like ... im screwed lol

lol
The way we actually perceive ourselves as.
in the mirror i look amazing
but
in photos i look hideous
but in videos i look ok

which one is the way ?

Mirror is basically how people see you. Ever so slightly different because it’s reversed but unless someone has an extremely asymmetric face then the difference will be small.
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Mirror is basically how people see you. Ever so slightly different because it’s reversed but unless someone has an extremely asymmetric face then the difference will be small.

in mirror my face is symettrical but my nose is a bit off from the center but in photos my face is very assymetrical ... so im confused
mirror is not accurate.we subconsciously pose for best Angeles. videos and candid pics r best
I'd guess videos are most accurate. When you're in motion your moving facial expressions and body language play a big part in what you look like to others. Those things don't come across at all in a still photo.

Granted the lens, angle and lighting are neutral. Like, no filter no shadows yet no wonky angle either. Often times selfies make people look like they have big noses and long faces hence selfie sticks, timers, filters, professional photographers lol etc.

Quick Reply

Latest