How to get a guy’s attention?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im at uni and fancy this guy that I see in this one study room every week. We have one mutual friend kind of but I’m not really close to her.

How can i get his attention? And before anyone says it, no i cant just go up and talk to him because thats kind of weird lol
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It isn't weird to just go up and talk to him - it's normal and it is how you meet people! My parents met because my dad was happy to go up to my mum in a library and talk to her
Plus, what other ways can you think of that are less creepy - stalking him on social media?
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do a back flip in the library.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
Do a back flip in the library.
And if that doesn’t work, try a head spin
Anonymous #1
(Original post by becausethenight)
It isn't weird to just go up and talk to him - it's normal and it is how you meet people! My parents met because my dad was happy to go up to my mum in a library and talk to her
Plus, what other ways can you think of that are less creepy - stalking him on social media?
No way im way too shy!! I literally cant I will crumble and have no idea what to say
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
i guess if you dont want to talk to him directly, drop him a note or something?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
i guess if you dont want to talk to him directly, drop him a note or something?
No wayyy that’s so awkward to me lol!
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No way im way too shy!! I literally cant I will crumble and have no idea what to say
You could think about what to say first? If you both finish studying at similar times, you could even say something like "hey, I'm going to pret now, do you want to come"?
Yes it's embarassing and it's scary but it's the only way you can get to know this guy, and biting the bullet could be a really great decison. Even if, worst case scenario, he blanks you, no one else has to know
Anonymous #1
(Original post by becausethenight)
You could think about what to say first? If you both finish studying at similar times, you could even say something like "hey, I'm going to pret now, do you want to come"?
Yes it's embarassing and it's scary but it's the only way you can get to know this guy, and biting the bullet could be a really great decison. Even if, worst case scenario, he blanks you, no one else has to know
I guess so urgh i wish he would just approach me instead haha!

Plus we have mutual friends so they would find out
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Haha maybe he's thinking the same thing!
If they're good friends, they'll take the piss a bit maybe but they'll be sympathetic. If they're mean to you for getting rejected, you've found out early on that they're not that nice!
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago

Perhaps one day you ask him what is he up to after uni. You won't regret it....
Anonymous #1
Perhaps one day you ask him what is he up to after uni. You won't regret it....
But surely its weird to go up to someone and just ask them that? I would find it weird

Is there any way for me to make him approach ME instead?
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
write your confession on a piece of paper, crunch it up, then chuck it at him. as soon as he looks in your direction violently flirt.

I would love that ****.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
That is just sooooo easy, however depends where he is from it might takes 100 years. Unless you're the kind of person that likes to be worshipped, just go to him wherever you see him, greetings and random conversation is the only way humans used to communicate before Facebook.
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im at uni and fancy this guy that I see in this one study room every week. We have one mutual friend kind of but I’m not really close to her.

How can i get his attention? And before anyone says it, no i cant just go up and talk to him because thats kind of weird lol
I was in the same boat at one point. Didn't get the girl but my sense of humour helped me stand out. If your personaloty doesn't stand out too much, change your appearance.
Anonymous #1
You guys make it sound so easy! I guess I’m just shy
jenerous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe don't straight up start a conversation, but try to make scenarios that would initiate or force some sort of convo. Be creative. Like, do you sit quite close or far apart? You could drop something somewhat near him and then ask him to give it to you or get it back yourself, then start a convo maybe asking about your mutual friend. Or since it is a study room, you could ask him to help you understand some concepts or be interested in what he's studying.

I don't think people find it easy, it's just easier to write stuff than actually doing it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jenerous)
Maybe don't straight up start a conversation, but try to make scenarios that would initiate or force some sort of convo. Be creative. Like, do you sit quite close or far apart? You could drop something somewhat near him and then ask him to give it to you or get it back yourself, then start a convo maybe asking about your mutual friend. Or since it is a study room, you could ask him to help you understand some concepts or be interested in what he's studying.

I don't think people find it easy, it's just easier to write stuff than actually doing it.
You’re definitely right, its easier said than done. Unfortunately we sit kinda far but im so stupid, i was with our mutual friend and he came to speak to her and i said nothing! It was the perfect opportunity
Anonymous #6
Report 1 month ago
Be nice - it stands out.
Anonymous #1
Be nice - it stands out.
Really, guys like nice girls? They always go for the rude ines imo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (21)
13.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (64)
41.56%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.94%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.6%

Watched Threads