The Student Room Group

How to deal with controlling girlfriend?

We broke up but after a month or 2 we both bumped into each other and I was still missing having a gf then we got back together after making agreements. It went fine for another month but then she went back to controlling but I can’t leave her because I will miss her again so much if we do and I don't know why. I think I can deal with her being controlling but I just need advice on it
This is toxic behaviour and you can’t let her continue to do this. I truly think you’d be better off breaking up with her and being alone. You’ll be able to get over her I promise, and you won’t miss her. It’s not fair for her to treat you like this. You should talk to her about her controlling behaviour and have a discussion x
Reply 2
Original post by lilbabypenguin
This is toxic behaviour and you can’t let her continue to do this. I truly think you’d be better off breaking up with her and being alone. You’ll be able to get over her I promise, and you won’t miss her. It’s not fair for her to treat you like this. You should talk to her about her controlling behaviour and have a discussion x

I think it will end up in another break up and I don't want to do that because I didnt like being alone and also I didnt like having a grudge against someone
Original post by Anonymous
I think it will end up in another break up and I don't want to do that because I didnt like being alone and also I didnt like having a grudge against someone

Then that just proves that she is toxic and isn’t a nice person. You should be able to have discussions about your relationship with your partner :/ You can find someone else who treats you much better than this so you won’t be alone and will also be much happier!
Reply 4
Original post by lilbabypenguin
Then that just proves that she is toxic and isn’t a nice person. You should be able to have discussions about your relationship with your partner :/ You can find someone else who treats you much better than this so you won’t be alone and will also be much happier!

I think I won't find anyone else and I just missed her so much
Reply 5
Bump
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I think I won't find anyone else and I just missed her so much

Better being happy and single than stuck in a toxic relationship. Anyway, you said it yourself; you didn't miss this particular girl, you missed having a girlfriend...
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
Better being happy and single than stuck in a toxic relationship. Anyway, you said it yourself; you didn't miss this particular girl, you missed having a girlfriend...

I missed both
Better to be alone than with a toxic partner.
Reply 9
Original post by YaliaV123
Better to be alone than with a toxic partner.

I didnt like being alone because when we broke up my family were on holiday so I was at home alone which was especially worse

Quick Reply

Latest