Do universities count as grades in modular system ?

Watch
Nikitka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I get B for As level and A for A2, what will the unis count ? Will they add the two grades for some middle one or will they just count the final A2 grade ?
Maxsaid466
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nikitka)
If I get B for As level and A for A2, what will the unis count ? Will they add the two grades for some middle one or will they just count the final A2 grade ?
Assuming your doing the new non modular A Levels that stared from 2017. Your AS grades quite literally do not count. You will not get a certificate from it if you carry onto to A2, you will only get certificate for the full A Level Grade. Now UNIS WILL ONLY LOOK AT A2 PREDICTED GRADES OR ACHIEVED. The reason why schools even bother to begin with is because they use your AS performance to gauge your A2 predicted grades. Generally it's AS grade increaced by 1.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nikitka)
which exam board are you taking A levels with?
Exam boards don't issue a grade for the A2 modules/year alone - only for A level as a whole (which will be calculated using AS and A2 modules if you're on a modular exam board or using just your Yr13 exams if you're on a reformed board).
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The final grade is an A level grade, not an A2 grade (you can't get a grade just for A2) and that is all that counts as it is calculated based on the marks you scored at both AS and A2.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (349)
43.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise