421salpho
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so i’m feeling pretty lonely and down lately and have done for the last year of uni, i’m a second year in uni of liverpool and i just haven’t clicked with people on my course or even met anyone outside my course
i live alone so don’t have any housemates and it’s so hard to meet people in this pandemic and idk what i’m supposed to do to try and make friends hahahaha
anyone else in the same boat?
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 421salpho)
so i’m feeling pretty lonely and down lately and have done for the last year of uni, i’m a second year in uni of liverpool and i just haven’t clicked with people on my course or even met anyone outside my course
i live alone so don’t have any housemates and it’s so hard to meet people in this pandemic and idk what i’m supposed to do to try and make friends hahahaha
Hi there!

I'm currently a third year student and thought I could offer some advice. I know how hard it is to try and interact with people during this pandemic, never mind making friends! One thing I would definitely recommend is looking at your Student's Union website and looking at what societies your university has. I joined the craft club about a month ago and it's all online but I've made some new friends through that. You might find that there's a club holding online meetings/sessions in something that you're interested in?

Hope this helps! Do let me know if you have any other queries I could help with

Emily
- 3rd Year, BMus
JeanMilburn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unfortunately!
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

I'm sorry to hear this, but you're certainly not alone. It's understandable for people to be feeling very lonely and down this year. Have you had a look at your uni's clubs and societies? Hopefully there holding some virtual events that you can join in with and meet new people.

Or how about becoming a student ambassador? Finding part-time work on campus or getting involved with any volunteering opportunities, even if they're online?

Good luck with everything, wishing you all the best

Becky
Fat man 2021
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just get your degree or whatever and then get your career together. University isn't a social club or a pub its for your education
Arden University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,
I can relate to your situation, though it has been getting easier, I still find myself having no social interaction at all and so I tend to undermine myself and lose confidence. But one thing I found that helped me deal with this was to embrace the problem of being by myself to understand myself a little more. I have also taken to my socials, and more importantly ones that allow anonymity. I feel that platforms that feature the anonymous function gives a better push into opening up to other people about yourself. You may get bad experience from it but at least it gives you an idea of the current society a little eh?
It really is fun if you think about having to have control over what you can do and what you want to do. I feel there are so many things you can explore in spite of the lack of social interaction. Explore your hobbies, interests, talents and hone in on them!
Hope this helped,

- Danniela, Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (196)
57.65%
I don't have everything I need (144)
42.35%

Watched Threads