What sort of mental illness is this??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Feeling unhappy in the present and desperately wanting to back to the past and wishing you could turn the clocks back.

Being really upset and worried in the present and just wanting to go back.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you think its a mental illness? Wanting back the past when times are tough is something most people experience.
If you think its more than just reflection it would be good for you to speak to a professional. Nobody here can diagnose you with anything.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't be in a rush to start claiming mental illness. Sounds like a premature midlife crisis to me.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That sounds like nostalgia, which isn't a mental illness.

I came across a very similar post, several months ago. Was that you?
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Agreed I don't think it's a mental illness, just a certain mental state that's normal for people to get into from time to time.

I took a course on Bach flower remedies and learned that there's a Bach Flower Remedy called "Honeysuckle" which is for exactly the state you describe.

"People in a Honeysuckle state feel that their best days are behind them and that there is little to look forward to, and as a consequence they prefer to dwell on past happinesses.

The remedy helps us to learn from and recall the past without needing to relive it, so that we can progress into the present and take joy from today and tomorrow."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (250)
57.34%
I don't have everything I need (186)
42.66%

Watched Threads