no-brainer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
To compare the heart rate of daphnia in the control, caffeine and ethanol condition. What test should I use? I was thinking ANOVA one way but idk if this is correct or not
Jpw1097
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by no-brainer)
To compare the heart rate of daphnia in the control, caffeine and ethanol condition. What test should I use? I was thinking ANOVA one way but idk if this is correct or not
You can use ANOVA if your data is normally distributed, if not I’d use a nonparametric test i.e. Kruskal-Wallis test. Bear in mind that ANOVA/Kruskal-Wallis will not be able to tell you which variable(s) is significantly different from the others, only that one or more groups are significantly different from one another.
no-brainer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Jpw1097)
You can use ANOVA if your data is normally distributed, if not I’d use a nonparametric test i.e. Kruskal-Wallis test. Bear in mind that ANOVA/Kruskal-Wallis will not be able to tell you which variable(s) is significantly different from the others, only that one or more groups are significantly different from one another.
Thank you so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (247)
57.31%
I don't have everything I need (184)
42.69%

Watched Threads