The Student Room Group

Will Arsenal get relegated in 2020/21?

Poll

Will Arsenal get relegated in 2020/21?

Arsenal has a bad start to the season, sitting 14th in the table. If they continue like that, will they get relegated this season?

Scroll to see replies

nah they won't get relegated but I also don't expect them to turn it around massively either tbh. Especially considering how fierce the competition in the prem is right now, no team can seem to get a proper foothold. I can see them finishing anywhere around midtable imo.
Reply 2
ofc not, Arsenal is still inside their own world.
No. They have the same points after 10 games as a Man United did last season and finished 3rd. :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by IanDangerously
No. They have the same points after 10 games as a Man United did last season and finished 3rd. :rolleyes:

they are also 3 point worse off after 10 games, compared to when Emery was in charge of the first 10 games last season.
Reply 5
Hopefully not :afraid:
Reply 6
tbh, no club is ever too big to go down but fortunately for arsenal fans, Fulham, WBA and Sheffield united are all dire

We've seen this all before - The moment an underfire manager gets sacked and a new manager comes in, there is always a feel good factor and a 'new manager bounce' where the club goes on a run of top form.

So no, they will not get relegated
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by tan030
tbh, no club is ever too big to go down but fortunately for arsenal fans, Fulham, WBA and Sheffield united are all dire

We've seen this all before - The moment an underfire manager gets sacked and a new manager comes in, there is always a feel good factor and a 'new manager bounce' where the club goes on a run of top form.

So no, they will not get relegated

I think you may have identified the bottom three clubs.
Original post by tan030
they are also 3 point worse off after 10 games, compared to when Emery was in charge of the first 10 games last season.

True but they won’t sack Arteta because he won a trophy and they think they have signs of improvement!

The table is so skewed at the minute it makes their situation look worse than it is. They’re 8pts above the relegation zone and only 5pts off the top four. 14th is the new 8th 😂
Reply 9
True but they won’t sack Arteta because he won a trophy and they think they have signs of improvement!

The table is so skewed at the minute it makes their situation look worse than it is. They’re 8pts above the relegation zone and only 5pts off the top four. 14th is the new 8th 😂

I do think things will even themselves out a bit more, in around 10 games time. Its just taking a bit longer compared to before

let's be honest, Everton's form is dipping, aston villa drop too many points against the lesser clubs, Southampton will drop off and theres no guarantee that leicester will keep it up - they went on a terrible run of form towards the end of last season.

The likes of arsenal and united will probs finish around 6th/7th/8th
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by tan030
I do think things will even themselves out a bit more, in around 10 games time. Its just taking a bit longer compared to before

let's be honest, Everton's form is dipping, aston villa drop too many points against the lesser clubs, Southampton will drop off and theres no guarantee that leicester will keep it up - they went on a terrible run of form towards the end of last season.

The likes of arsenal and united will probs finish around 6th/7th/8th

I wouldn’t be surprised if the top 4 this year will be Liverpool, United, City and Chelsea again like last year.

Everton, Villa and Southampton will fall away and finish mid table, Leicester are only ever a few injuries away from a collapse and Spurs ... I dunno about them. Normally when they look like they’re in a title race they end up drawing 4 games in a row and falling off 😂
I wouldn’t be surprised if the top 4 this year will be Liverpool, United, City and Chelsea again like last year.

Everton, Villa and Southampton will fall away and finish mid table, Leicester are only ever a few injuries away from a collapse and Spurs ... I dunno about them. Normally when they look like they’re in a title race they end up drawing 4 games in a row and falling off 😂

I'll be very surprised if Tottenham aren't in the top 4 at the end of the season.
Original post by 8013
Arsenal has a bad start to the season, sitting 14th in the table. If they continue like that, will they get relegated this season?

If they do, yes, Arsenal gets relegated! but I don't believe in a downfall like that. It looks like that no one does.
Yes, hopefully
What is an Arsenal exactly?
Original post by AidenPearce2020
What is an Arsenal exactly?

Somewhere in Woolwich (South London) where weapons and ordnance were once made, I think.
Original post by rockrunride
Somewhere in Woolwich (South London) where weapons and ordnance were once made, I think.

I’ve believe they’ve stopped their production
Original post by AidenPearce2020
I’ve believe they’ve stopped their production

Stopped their production of winning football matches, certainly.
Reply 18
They are now 15th! Where will they finish?
Reply 19
Original post by 8013
They are now 15th! Where will they finish?

1st :wink: :teeth:

Quick Reply

Latest