Inability to admit feelings, how to get over this?

Watch
ananymous12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
There's this guy that I am interested in, and I know that he is interested in me as well (we are in the same friend group and our friends have definitely told both of us how the other feels). One of my friends suggested asking him out, as we know he will say yes. It makes logical sense to, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

When I think about it, this has made me realise that I don't think I could ask out anyone first or admit how I feel about anyone first if they haven't admitted to me first.

How do I get over this and where do you think it stems from?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It could stem from many things, we're not inside your mind so obviously we couldnt tell you. I would assume fear of rejection though.

If you want something you should go for it. Whats the worst that could happen, he says no? Then you can laugh it off and find someone else who does feel the same way. But as you said you know he feels the same so that shouldnt even be an issue. Dont build it up in your head and dont overthink it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (77)
63.64%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.36%

Watched Threads