violetlondon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm seriously thinking about applying for msc psychology conversion but I don't have a scientific background and I'm pretty intimidated by statistics! How difficult could it be for a beginner in a conversion course?
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Conversion courses are designed for people with zero background in psychology, they provide a foundation for those to progress further into psychology as the prerequisite for all postgraduate psychology courses is an undergraduate degree and the conversion course is the equivalent of that.

So lecturers aren't going to expect many students on a conversion course to have experienced statistics in any depth before - you'll be fine They start from the very beginning for everyone (I was at an advantage in my class as my degree was STEM based but others hadn't used SPSS before or done statistics any further than GCSE/A Level Maths), so although the idea of stats is awful for a lot of people, it's perfectly doable in a conversion course. It's mainly putting data into a programme and running tests, so pressing buttons and analysing the results.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 month ago
Arden University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

As said above, conversion courses are great for those who don't really have a background in the subject you are looking to study. We currently provide an MSc Psychology conversion course that you may be interested in having a look at to give you an idea of what entails in a conversion course. Our conversion course is BPS accredited and marginally a lot cheaper than other conversion courses available! Here's the link:
https://arden.ac.uk/our-courses/post...psychology-bps

Toni,
Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads