Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i read somewhere on tsr that there is no biology reading list.
    then i saw someone entering this year (same as me) at lmh (also same) who got a reading list after pestering the admissions staff.

i still haven't got one,
    and i just emailed them.
    it's really getting on my nerves.
    i've emailed them twice before asking about a reading list, but they didn't reply.

if they send me one now will they expect me to read everything with the two weeks i have left? :/

ps, if anyone has said reading list, could they send it to me?

ReputationRep:
    You do not need one.

1. It varies by colleges whether or not you're sent anything
    2. If you are sent it, it will be a "useful books for the course" one.
    3. Half the books will make no sense until you've had lectures.
    4. Everything is available from what used to be the Hooke (now the lending part of the RSL) - buying anything will be a total waste of cash.

Sit back, and enjoy your last 2 weeks of freedom. The first month of biology is a baptism of fire, so get some rest now and stop stressing If you want to browse 2nd hand bookshops then I can tell you what you're likely to use in your first year, but like I said it's fairly unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    ahh really? thanks very much for your reply. C:
    i got the reading list anyway, but by the looks of it most people didn't get one.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.