Eton College Research Assistance?

Watch
DJ S
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I am looking to pick the brain of a current or former Eton College student. I wish to write a bit of fiction about the institution but, being from the other side of the pond, all I can find about it is what is on the school's official website. I'd like to get the inside scoop, so to speak. Would you be willing to assist?

Thanks in advance,

DJ
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What kind of fiction do you consider writing? Could you care to share anymore?
DJ S
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DJ S)
Hello,

I am looking to pick the brain of a current or former Eton College student. I wish to write a bit of fiction about the institution but, being from the other side of the pond, all I can find about it is what is on the school's official website. I'd like to get the inside scoop, so to speak. Would you be willing to assist?

Thanks in advance,

DJ
No problem. It's fanfiction based on the Highlander television series universe (with some alterations). A child Immortal will be attending the school (he loses a bet and this is the consequence) and stumbles onto a criminal plot. In the midst of the adventure itself, I'd like to portray his school life as accurately as possible. I am positive I cannot get the full extent of that solely from the official website. Advice from current / prior students would be quite useful.

Also, since I am not fully cognizant of all aspects of British culture, some pointers in that area would be appreciated, as well.

If you would like additional information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

DJ

P.S.

I should probably add that when I say fanfiction, it's not just some short story. My writings tend to be quite long, novel-length, in fact. It's my form of relaxation. I have a trilogy planned for this particular venture. Perhaps that will help people understand why I am looking for so many details. I don't want just one or two points that I can throw in for artistic flavor. I want to be able to paint the literary canvas so well that readers can almost believe the character actually walked the grounds, attended the school. I want current students who read the story - if there are any - to practically be able to see him amongst the student body. I hope this conveys what I am trying to do a little better than my original post.

For anyone who may be interested, my previous writings can be found on fanfiction.net. The titles are "Young and No Longer G-Rated" and "Defend and Betray."

Thank you,

DJ
Last edited by DJ S; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (79)
18.29%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.7%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (162)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.5%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed