Foods for lactose intolerant people?

Watch
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi!

ive been lactose intolerant all my life, but it sort of comes and goes in waves.

i can drink milk some days and feel absolutely fine, but other days it’s a big noooo haha!

just wondering if anyone else is lactose intolerant? what are your favourite foods? best dairy alternatives?

im really struggling to find alternatives that work for me!

thanks
northener_3006
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by baby.bear)
hi!

ive been lactose intolerant all my life, but it sort of comes and goes in waves.

i can drink milk some days and feel absolutely fine, but other days it’s a big noooo haha!

just wondering if anyone else is lactose intolerant? what are your favourite foods? best dairy alternatives?

im really struggling to find alternatives that work for me!

thanks
Hiya, I’ve been allergic to dairy all my life. I think it’s easier now then it was when I was younger because there’s so many vegan foods and alternatives now a days. What specific foods are you looking for? I’ve found good alternatives for everything, except I don’t really have a cheese I like because I’ve never been that big on it. I say “good” alternatives but I’ve never tried most of the “real things” 😂 but I’d be more than happy to help give you alternatives for any food
Grey091
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! 🤗
I'm also lactose intolerant, but I found out that only two years ago. I like dairy products, so for me to not eat them at all is pretty difficult 😅. For this reason, I always have tablets for lactose intolerants. I take them just before a meal or snack. It seems that these tablets work for me. Talking about alternatives, I like lactose-free yogurts and milk. These products are an even better taste for me than regular ones. It is a pity that they are expensive enough 😕
baby.bear
Rep:
?
(Original post by northener_3006)
Hiya, I’ve been allergic to dairy all my life. I think it’s easier now then it was when I was younger because there’s so many vegan foods and alternatives now a days. What specific foods are you looking for? I’ve found good alternatives for everything, except I don’t really have a cheese I like because I’ve never been that big on it. I say “good” alternatives but I’ve never tried most of the “real things” 😂 but I’d be more than happy to help give you alternatives for any food
ah thank you! i hate cheese anyway so that’s no a problem haha!

mainly milk im struggling with! soy milk is really expensive and I’m struggling to afford to keep buying it. is there any other alternatives that would work out cheaper?

and basically anything really! and foods that work for you and things like that
baby.bear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Grey091)
Hi! 🤗
I'm also lactose intolerant, but I found out that only two years ago. I like dairy products, so for me to not eat them at all is pretty difficult 😅. For this reason, I always have tablets for lactose intolerants. I take them just before a meal or snack. It seems that these tablets work for me. Talking about alternatives, I like lactose-free yogurts and milk. These products are an even better taste for me than regular ones. It is a pity that they are expensive enough 😕
Ah I’ve never heard about the tablets! I’ll look into them!
northener_3006
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by baby.bear)
ah thank you! i hate cheese anyway so that’s no a problem haha!

mainly milk im struggling with! soy milk is really expensive and I’m struggling to afford to keep buying it. is there any other alternatives that would work out cheaper?

and basically anything really! and foods that work for you and things like that
I use Aldi/Tesco/Sainsbury’s unsweetened almond milk but I have it with cereal or shakes or something, I don’t tend to drink it on its own cos I don’t really like the taste. If you’re looking for milk to hv w/tea or coffee I’ve heard oat milk is better but I don’t really drink tea/coffee. To get the cheapest milks get the shelf life ones because they are usually half the price and have a longer date and buy supermarket ones not branded look at all the free from isles and the vegan/plant based sections and if you want to save money look in frozen isles as usually cheaper 👍🏼 there’s loads of chocolates, ice creams now and Oreos are dairy free. I’ve always been dairy free so I don’t really miss anything 😂 but if there’s something you miss or can’t find an alternative for then just ask and I’ll be happy to help you find one
baby.bear
Rep:
?
(Original post by northener_3006)
I use Aldi/Tesco/Sainsbury’s unsweetened almond milk but I have it with cereal or shakes or something, I don’t tend to drink it on its own cos I don’t really like the taste. If you’re looking for milk to hv w/tea or coffee I’ve heard oat milk is better but I don’t really drink tea/coffee. To get the cheapest milks get the shelf life ones because they are usually half the price and have a longer date and buy supermarket ones not branded look at all the free from isles and the vegan/plant based sections and if you want to save money look in frozen isles as usually cheaper 👍🏼 there’s loads of chocolates, ice creams now and Oreos are dairy free. I’ve always been dairy free so I don’t really miss anything 😂 but if there’s something you miss or can’t find an alternative for then just ask and I’ll be happy to help you find one
ah thank you so much!!!

that’s really really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (419)
56.62%
I don't have everything I need (321)
43.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed