Switching to a new uni after foundation year but requries a lot of maths

Watch
quertie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm currently in University doing Foundation year for computer science. Apparently If I do really well I could have a chance to transfer to a different (better in this case) university. The thing is, the university requires you have like A*s in maths. I didn't get that... So I'm just wondering—even if I did really well, is there a point since I still cannot transfer into that university (because of my maths results)? Or can I? Or... Is there a way to redo my maths right now (before I finish foundation year)?
Last edited by quertie; 1 month ago
DoNotMove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by quertie)
Hi, I'm currently in University doing Foundation year for computer science. Apparently If I do really well I could have a chance to transfer to a different (better in this case) university. The thing is, the university requires you have like A*s in maths. I didn't get that... So I'm just wondering—even if I did really well, is there a point since I still cannot transfer into that university (because of my maths results)? Or can I? Or... Is there a way to redo my maths right now (before I finish foundation year)?
If you have a specific university in mind, email their admissions address directly and ask how well you'd need to do on a foundation degree to transfer to their university. You can retake Maths if you wish - find a place that will offer it, pay a bit to do it, and then do it - and you'll either have to self-teach or pay for a tutor.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think its unlikely that the foundation year will be enough by itself if there is a high Maths requirement. As above, I would encourage you to check with any uni that you are considering. I expect they would advise you that they would need you to meet the AL (or equivalent) Maths requirement. You may wish to send details of your foundation year too, as these are considered on a case by case basis if taken at another institution.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads