The Student Room Group

University of Oxford 2021 Applicants Official thread! (Part 2)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 9dobbo1
Brilliant news team! I’ve been made an unconditional offer to read Theology and Religion at Christ Church.

As some of you know, this is far from my first application to Oxford, and I suppose my perseverance has paid off. I have been helped by a number of people along the way, most of them outside of this thread, and without them I wouldn’t be in this position.

I’d like to pay particular thanks to the John Locke Institute. Going on their gap year course four years ago fundamentally changed my life, and their Director, Martin, has been an invaluable friend and mentor to me. I do recommend that all future applicants check them out - they’re doing some exciting things this year, including a PPE Summer School at Balliol.

Within the thread though I’d like to mention @Oxford Mum, @advocatingheriot, @shoreuss, and all those who made entries in my spreadsheets (over 3000 in total!!!). You have all made this process immensely fun, and I will forever cherish the friendships I’ve made here.

I hope to see many of you in Oxford this October. If life has any semblance of normality by then, I hope we can all go out on absolute mad one together. I encourage those of you with offers to message me so that we can link up later this year.

Hi - I won’t see you in Oxford but I just wanted to say congratulations because your application has really stood out throughout these threads and I’d have been pretty gutted if it had gone differently for you. Best of luck and I hope everything goes well for you xx
Original post by dstark
Just got accepted for Medicine (international) 😍 only gut the notification from Track with the Campus Code I applied for (Worcester) so I’m not 100% sure whether it will be Worcester or Merton but I’m really happy.
Btw @Oxford Mum I made it through the snow safely.

Wow, it's a good job you made it back in one piece. And an international medical student??? You're so rare we should have you stuffed!

Seriously though, Ich bin so erleichtert
i can't bear to open my email lol. for people who were accepted, is the title of the email different from if you were rejected?
Original post by Hdudnc
I’ve been accepted for medicine for Merton

Amazing!
I got an offer for biology at Balliol!!!! Received at 9:30, was busy crying a bit
Original post by Oxford Mum
Wow, it's a good job you made it back in one piece. And an international medical student??? You're so rare we should have you stuffed!

You're on PRSOM many times over for me today but that takes the biscuit :tongue:
Accepted for PPE at Hertford!! Didn't even have an email just logged on to Track and there it was ... Absolutely in shock
Original post by Joshandr3ws
Just got a rejection for Fine Art from Madgelen, kinda sucks but I’m okay with it I guess. Was surprised I made it to the interview stage to be honest but oh well

Oh I'm so sorry. There are very few places for fine art, so well done for making it to the interview stage.
I got into St Hugh's for German and Hebrew!!!
Well, got rejected from Archaeology & Anthropology. I never expected to really get in in the first place that I reached the point of an interview was surprise enough yet I still feel somehow sunken and empty regardless. Really, I just wonder what the reactions of the people I know will be. More than anything else, my parents were just surprised. For them, it was not a matter of if I got into Oxford, but when. That I would receive an offer was never in doubt. Its been exactly the same for my friends, teachers, everyone: that I would get in was simply assumed, a fact of which there was no point in doubting, no matter how much I tried to convince them of otherwise.

And now it's all over. What has practically consumed a whole chapter of my life for the past couple years, is done. Durham it is I guess.
who got into regents Philosophy theology?
Original post by sqrt of 5
i got an offer for earth sciences too!!!

Congratulations, see you in October perhaps...
I got an offer for English from Exeter! I'm over the moon :smile:
Original post by IJAmadeus
Err I have absolutely no idea how but I somehow have an offer for maths at Worcester! So hyped!

I am very happy for you
if there is anybody who got an offer from Keble for PPE plz dm me, thanks
My daughter has got an offer for English at Lincoln - we're all in bits - she reapplied with A levels achieved after not getting in to Robinson at the other place last year... So I'd say it's worked out rather fantastically in the end but what a trip it's been.

Congrats to all offer holders and having been there this time last year, for those of you not getting offers today it's not necessarily the end of the dream if you want to risk it all over again next year! A year on in some ways the pressure can be less as by then your second choice Uni might be much clearer and so that helped this time around.
As offers come in I'm posting this again:

If you don't get a place then remember it's Oxford's loss.

You are amazing and will be successful somewhere else - it is NOT the be all and end all.

If you get offered a place and aren't sure - remember you can reject it - a number do every year.

Celebrate whatever the outcome!
Original post by jemwhi
Rejected from Somerville (biology) . Was expected and I know I will enjoy another university as much and more for some parts of it.

This is a very sensible notion to have.
Does UCAS update the college code if reallocated?
Original post by AmeliaFran
I got an offer for biology at Balliol!!!! Received at 9:30, was busy crying a bit

It does be like that!Well done you will love it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending