gabriel001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It is very odd that when Durham is well-known as an Oxford-reject/ Oxford-alternative university, some students would choose Bristol over it for law, and some also advises others to do that. Why is that so? Is it because Bristol is higher ranking overall internationally? But on the national league table for law Durham ranks as 10th whereas Bristol has fallen down to 19th? If international ranking matters, is Durham then on par with Nottingham for law, with Bristol being better than both of them, since both Durham and Nottingham are positioned around 10th in the national law league table, but close to 100 on the QS general ranking? Yet it feels iffy to give up Durham for Bristol?
Last edited by gabriel001; 1 month ago
tanmay_2202
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The international rankings are based on research (quantity, not quality) so I really wouldn't go with that. However, on the national rankings, Durham is clearly better than Bristol, rest is up to you
vnupe
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tanmay_2202)
The international rankings are based on research (quantity, not quality) so I really wouldn't go with that. However, on the national rankings, Durham is clearly better than Bristol, rest is up to you
Durham is not clearly better than Bristol in any real metric, choose which one suits you, Both will get you where you want to go, the rest is on you. Dont believe these other students that are speculating, ranking are simply rough guides...

You are better off researching which uni provides a more favourable fit, so that you can thrive and put your best foot forward academically.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gabriel001)
It is very odd that when Durham is well-known as an Oxford-reject/ Oxford-alternative university, some students would choose Bristol over it for law, and some also advises others to do that. Why is that so? Is it because Bristol is higher ranking overall internationally? But on the national league table for law Durham ranks as 10th whereas Bristol has fallen down to 19th? If international ranking matters, is Durham then on par with Nottingham for law, with Bristol being better than both of them, since both Durham and Nottingham are positioned around 10th in the national law league table, but close to 100 on the QS general ranking? Yet it feels iffy to give up Durham for Bristol?
Its not odd Bristol has an excellent reputation. Both are excellent & pretty similarly regarded.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (302)
55.51%
I don't have everything I need (242)
44.49%

Watched Threads