Turn on thread page Beta

Young Enterprise watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing sciences, maths and general studies at AS. We've been given the oppurtunity to do YE. Is it worth doing to put on my university application, or is it just adding to my workload? It's not related to my career choice in any way (medicine or optometry) but I was just wondering if anybody had done YE, and how they found it?
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Is the OU YASS scheme thing? It's pointless don't do it. I've had it 5 months and haven't even started it yet, and it's in for 2 weeks time :|

ReputationRep:
    I have done it. I would say it depends on your team because if you find them all annoying your not going to have a good time. I would recommend it. It could be a good way to take a break from your subjects. PM me if you want to know anything about Young Enterprise.

ReputationRep:
    YE!

go for it, universities (and employers) love it and its so much fun. At the very least you get out of lessons. I did it last year, it was brilliant, we marketed a product, ran a school talent show, and won "most innovative product" at the regional competition. Go for it, its fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    I did Young Enterprise and have managed to use it in loads of applications, for jobs, uni, student associate scheme and also I got a lot from it. My team were rubbish really and I was managing director but we must'nt have been too bad because we won our regional competition!
    It really is a great experience.

ReputationRep:
    It's not worth doing just to use in applications, but it is worth doing for the experience, its a good way to meet new people as well. Just make sure your team can think of good ideas for products that can be easily made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaSagna)
    It's not worth doing just to use in applications, but it is worth doing for the experience, its a good way to meet new people as well. Just make sure your team can think of good ideas for products that can be easily made.
    I think I'll give it a go for the experience. Don't supose you have any unique ideas to sell as merchandise alongside the school's Fame production?

ReputationRep:
    T-shirts usually do OK. I can't think of anything else apart from that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by definite_maybe)
    I think I'll give it a go for the experience. Don't supose you have any unique ideas to sell as merchandise alongside the school's Fame production?
    I'm wondering if you go to the same school as me because I got the exact same task!

I won't share my idea in case you are :p: Lol.

I don't know whether or not I'll get in but as you can see, I've applied, it looks okay, and if I'm doing it, it'll be more for the enjoyment factor than to put on application forms etc. etc...

ReputationRep:
    I did YE at school, and we made **** loads of money out of it :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do it again to be honest. I liked all the people I did it with, but to be honest, none of them had a clue, they wouldn't take advice, and the money was dreadful. But then again, maybe I am being over critical as I run businesses for real.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing YE we had the first meeting thing about it today. it looks really good i think. our teacher had a group last year who made over £3000 profit!

apparently the exam bit of it is worth 2 gcses as well.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.